Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sorry, but I couldn't help it. (Read 190 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Sorry, but I couldn't help it.
07/10/11 at 19:02:46

Seeing Biddie's car and running into an old college dorm mate has got me nostalgic. I had a 1969 H1 for a year to get me broken in for this. I had this same sales 8x10 on my wall until I found one. 1972 H2 Kawasaki Two Stroke Tripple. 455 lbs 74 hp. Took my longest ride on it in 1974. 460 miles in one day. Stopped at Kingsport Tn. jail to use phone and get directions to a friend's house. The lady dispatcher asked me where I lived. When I told her she rolled her chair back and looked at the clock on the wall and said, "You've been breaking the law all day, haven't you?" We just laughed. She asked if I had a place to sleep. Said I could use an empty cell and wouldn't lock the door. Nice lady. Anyway I let the good times roll on one of these.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Sorry, but I couldn't help it.
Reply #1 - 07/10/11 at 22:48:35

I do believe,.. that's the best incarceration story I ever heard...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 07/11/11 at 15:06:35

Did you ever make the mistake of coming up on the pipes in high gear? I only did that once on mine, sold it the same day.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #3 - 07/11/11 at 21:48:08

Back in the day a friend has one of those bikes. Nothing could touch it in the 1/4 mile. Good memories. Thxfor the reminder.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 07/12/11 at 03:27:33

The first and only good wheely I ever did was on one of them,The scary part was I was the passenger.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 07/12/11 at 06:22:14

WD wrote on 07/11/11 at 15:06:35:
Did you ever make the mistake of coming up on the pipes in high gear? I only did that once on mine, sold it the same day.  Grin

That's the reason I bought it. The owner was afraid of it. The H1 500 was worse, but it had been bored and stuff, so the 750 felt plumb smooth after that.  Wink

Bill, the little duck tail at the rear of the seat was handy for passenger safety.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/12/11 at 07:14:36

I was overseas thru the 70's in the air force and one time in Taiwan in 74 I saw a local Chinese man on a Kaw H2 and thought Hey I got a Yammie RD350 and challenged him at a light.  Well,  mostly I saw smoke and found out that RD would not run a H2... especially with a 98lb Asian at the helm anyways.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #7 - 07/12/11 at 07:40:43

The H1 500 and even the S2 350 could take a Honda 750 between lights. And I was a fan of those Hondas. The 1969 Honda 750 was a major developement in motorcycling. And not everyone appreciated having a Solid Rocket Booster with a seat on it.  Grin

IP Logged
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/12/11 at 08:46:44

Those 4 pipe CB750's from 69 era had a Ferrarri sound that was so stunning.  I loaned my Bultaco MX Pursang 250 to an air force buddy when I was in Spain in 72, and I got to ride his 70 CB750 for the weekend.  Wow.  the bar below my apartment had a young boy who wanted to take a ride so I took him out and wound it up, way up, and parked it out front and went upstairs.  An hour later he had every kid in the whole village telling them about this rocket ship.   Saying  Maccchinna.... I guess it made his day for along time.      

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 07/12/11 at 16:28:01

I bought mine for the power too, sold it when it went over backwards goosing the throttle. Didn't hurt me, didn't hurt the bike, got 3x what I paid for it. As far as I know it is still racing out west, saw it in the pits at Pacific during an AHRMA event about 4 years ago.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:19:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Sorry, but I couldn't help it.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.