Send Topic Print
Carb (Read 284 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Carb
Reply #15 - 07/11/11 at 01:39:43

Berrymans will get ya thru it, spendy, but cheaper than a compressor. Eye protection is a given, compressor or not.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 07/11/11 at 05:04:27

Routy wrote on 07/10/11 at 21:15:59:
I can't believe all the carbs that are cleaned here, that never solves the problem.

Does anyone ever use compressed air to blow out a carb when cleaning it ? I never see it mentioned. If you are attempting to clean
a carb w/o access to compressed air, its like.....peeing upwind ! It will come back and get you !

Routy's correct about that!  It's as futile as cleaning a carb properly and then reinstalling it without a pleated paper gas filter.  What's the point of cleaning it if you're just going to dump dirt in it again?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 07/17/11 at 07:57:39

Gyrobob wrote on 07/10/11 at 15:51:23:
village idiot wrote on 07/10/11 at 14:24:33:
I removed the white spacer and installed 2 washers about 1/2 as thick. The airbox when I bought it was an automotive radiator hose with a K&N type filter attached. I replaced with an OEM airbox and filter. It supposedly had been jetted so I rebuilt the carb with an oem kit. I can get the jet #s if needed. So if I am reading this correctly, I have been chasing my tail and may need to replace the white spacer. agressively clean the carb body and possibly replace some jets...again. Also, I'm at roughly 1000 feet elevation. Can anyone tell me what jets I need? I can compare to what I was sent in the kit.

Have you verified the transient enrichment valve is working properly?

How do you do that?

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #18 - 07/17/11 at 11:40:33

Have you verified the transient enrichment valve is working properly?

Verslagen says, "How do you do that?"

Well, with the lack of test equipment most of us are subject to, I'll admit we can't actually test for valve actuation, and for the mixture enrichment that is supposed to happen at high rpm and closed throttle.

What we mortals can do, though, is to clean the carb thoroughly, with a good soaking, moving soft thin wire through the tiny holes, and blowing out everything with compressed air,.. but,... while at this task, noting the integrity of the transient enrichment valve, its chamber, and passages.

Both the carbs we rebuilt for the Dual RYCA build had muck in the transient enrichment valve areas, and almost certainly weren't moving freely enough to work properly.

If we still get some backfiring after we get these things on the road, we will consider the spring mod for this valve to increase its effectiveness.

So, overall, you got me.  We don't have any way to observe whether or not the valve is actually moving, let alone enrichening properly.

I guess the point of my question was to make the poster think about it, and at least clean it out.

Whew.

« Last Edit: 07/17/11 at 13:46:47 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 07/17/11 at 12:45:15

I knew that.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #20 - 07/17/11 at 13:47:56

verslagen1 wrote on 07/17/11 at 12:45:15:
I knew that.   Grin

Got me again, eh? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:24:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.