Send Topic Print
Passenger foot peg (Read 119 times)
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Passenger foot peg
07/09/11 at 20:27:49

Newbie with a question here.  Does the passenger foot peg on the right side of your bikes go all the way down?  On mine, the left passenger foot peg, when down, is 90 degrees from the frame.  On the right, it doesn't go all the way down to 90 degrees.  I can't see any reason it should be different from the left, but it is.  Previous owner dropped the bike on the right side before I got it, so I had to straighten a couple of parts on that side.  Wondering if the peg is tweaked from being dropped or if it's normal.  Picture shows it as far as it will go.  Doesn't seem normal to me.

2007 S40 (Supertrapp, 6" Ed. L forward controls, K&N, & some other stuff)
  IP Logged
benignant
YaBB Newbies

Lower Alabama
Re: Passenger foot peg
Reply #1 - 07/09/11 at 22:21:20

I just went out and flipped my passenger pegs down to check their angles. Both sides looked like the peg in your picture. I would look closer at the left side peg that is 90 degrees to see if it has been damaged in some way.

2007 S40, Black, 1/2 spacer, TEV, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #2 - 07/10/11 at 00:31:23

Take the peg off and look at the inside end.
I had one on mine wouldnt go down and when i looked it had a bit of excess metal on the end preventing it from going to 90 degrees.
Couple of swipes with an angle grinder and it went to 90 when reinstalled.

IP Logged
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Reply #3 - 07/10/11 at 07:30:56

Thanks guys -- I took a look at the pegs and the passenger side seems to have a little more metal on the end that's preventing it from going all the way down.  I'll try a little careful grinding when I get home from work later.

If they both only went down partway, I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it.  Just strange that they were different.  Seems to me that it is a little easier for the passenger with the pegs all the way down, and I do use them occasionally, so I'll give it a shot with a grinder.

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #4 - 07/10/11 at 10:06:46

my rigt side pass. peg is like that - left goes down 90o.

I always assumed it happened when some clumsy clutz fell over on my bike and smashed the turn sigs - never noticed it before that Undecided

i never worried too much about it

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Reply #5 - 07/11/11 at 07:41:55

Wolfman -- you were right, there was a little bit of extra material on the right peg, and just a little bit of light grinding in that spot evened them out.  Thanks!

I don't see how it would be likely to be a big issue for anybody, but that seems to be the fix for it if it bugs you like it did me.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #6 - 07/11/11 at 08:37:18

Annoyed me every time i looked at it or the daughter put her foot on it and complained.
I did the one then pulled all of them and checked em. Various amounts of excess metal on the ends but the one was all i had to grind on mine. Now if i could just get back to where i can ride...lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:26:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Passenger foot peg

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.