Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Guy-New question (Read 68 times)
AZSGT

2006 Bobber

Mesa, AZ
New Guy-New question
07/05/11 at 12:50:46

Hello all. I a m new to Savages and new to this forum. This is a great resource for noobs!!!

I only had my bike for like 2 weeks, and got cut off coming to a stop sign and got pushed into some gravel and went down. Didn't hurt me or the bike much. Broke the foot peg bracket, which I replaced.

While I waited for my bracket I didn't ride for like 2 weeks. Now it is fixed and the bike seems to not be running the same. I can't tell if it is just me and my nerves or if something is wrong with the bike.

What do I need to check after laying it down at 10 MPH? Starts, runs, shifts, everything fine. Just doesn't seem right. Anyone else experience this post-crash?

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: New Guy-New question
Reply #1 - 07/05/11 at 15:30:59

Every twitch  seems amplified. every lean seems less sure, every hesitation seems bigger..all of this is normal after a get off.

Make sure you check the alignment and handlebars, they  tend to get slightly realigned when hitting things (like roads) Cheesy  

Also would check that the bolts hodling the engine are snugged..er torqued up to standard.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:25:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Guy-New question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.