Send Topic Print
HOT! HOT! HOT! (Read 78 times)
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

HOT! HOT! HOT!
07/03/11 at 20:32:44

Folks, it was 116 on my porch yesterday afternoon. With the temp at 116 it started to hail...followed by rain which lasted about five minutes.
As the rain stopped the wind picked up and it blew at about 50mph for another 30 minutes. You could actually see the wet driveway and street drying up before your eyes. When the wind died down it was a balmy 106 with steam coming off everyhing that wasn't already dry.
Come on down and get you some!
JB

« Last Edit: 07/03/11 at 21:37:51 by JohnBoy »  
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Re: HOT! HOT! HOT!
Reply #1 - 07/03/11 at 20:47:04

We have a saying here in western PA that if you don't like the weather, just hang around for a while and it'll change.  Our weather man is quite friendly and tries to please everyone.  Some like rain, some like snow, some like cold, and some (me) like it hot and muggy - so we get a mix of all that stuff sometimes all in the same day.  But I have to admit that I don't ever recall getting a crazier mix than what you just described.  What part of the world do you call home?

Ride free!
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/03/11 at 21:49:34

Phoenix AZ...land of the HOT! Where everyone who doesn't vote conservative is here illegally. The locals live in the desert and pump what little water they have through "misters" to air condition the great outdoors. A hundred years ago people around here were killing each other over water...and we mist golf course fairways with it. Go Figure!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 07/03/11 at 22:16:41

Johnboy,... you make me feel so cool....

Thanks... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #4 - 07/04/11 at 00:51:24

Thats the one good thing about hospitals. Air Conditioning. Freeze your arse off in them! First thing you do is tell em you want an extra blanket or you shiver all night...lol

Been at 100 degrees the last couple of days with about 80% humidity. Ill trade you your dry arizona temps for these high humidity temps. Its a Dry Heat Man!...lol

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 07/04/11 at 02:14:59

Are you in hell? What did you do?!!!

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/04/11 at 02:26:56

So when you BBQ today on the 4th, is all you have to do is throw the ribs and stuff out on your front porch? I rode a motorcycle once in Apache Junction on a day trip and it was 115 degrees! I cant imagine Hell being much worse! great place to live if you want to look like a candle and watch all the fat just drip off you!  Its only gonna be 80 today in Portland. Plenty warm enough for me!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:20:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › HOT! HOT! HOT!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.