Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Craziest S#!T you've seen on a motorcycle (Read 238 times)
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Craziest S#!T you've seen on a motorcycle
07/03/11 at 20:13:57

After seeing this,

http://entertainclub.com/21/crazy-motorcycle-or-perfect-driving-skills/

It reminds me of seeing a guy who lived up from me ride down the road with a keg ratchet-strapped to ass of an old 250 honda. (Closest beer joint is 10 miles into town)
Just wondering what all crazy things you all have seen in your journeys. Pictures strongly encouraged!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Craziest S#!T you've seen on a motorcycle
Reply #1 - 07/03/11 at 22:43:21

Craziest sh*t I'm seen,.. I was doin' myself...

Necessity is the mother of invention,.. and jerry rigging...

I went to the market a couple of weeks ago, for a 2lb bag of frozen spuds... They were on sale, so I bought two... there was a great deal on 1/2 gallon ice cream, a couple cans of beans... ... and two 2lbs of frozen veggies (on sale too)...
The cashier asked if I wanted them bagged...
I said,.. "I'm on a motorcycle,... would you mind double baggin'?...
She triple bagged 'em...
Rode home with them swingin' from my bars, and around my neck...

I bought a ten ft piece of 1/2" conduit home once, too... and two loaves of Italian bread under my shirt...

No pics though.... kinda' busy when I'm haulin'...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #2 - 07/04/11 at 00:48:58

Small charcoal grill bungied on the rear rack.
Dowel rods run under the toolbag flap on the forks.
Carried bread or cigs under my jacket when the bags were all full of grocieries.
I pick and pack judiciously i can carry between 50 and 80 bucks worth of groceries in my homemade rear bag and saddle bags. Rear bag is a wal-mart cooler i added a sleeve to to slide over the back reast and 2 d rings for bungies under it to hold it down. Works pretty good and keeps cold things cool till i get home. Even haul ice cream in it...lol

Seen one guy hauling about an 8 foot pieace of pipe tied on the side of his bike awhile back...lol

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 07/04/11 at 05:16:32

I once delivered a poinsettia to my aunt in town, rode it in on my headlight bucket.  I was really cute with the flower power.  Wink

Another time I bought a .22 rifle when I was out with my buddy.  It was a cheap look alike for the M-16.  I strapped it on my back and road home.  I did take the alternate route away from the middle school. Roll Eyes

I spent a couple of weeks in Thailand once, those guys were masters at piling stuff onto a scoote or small bike, I don't think there was much over 500cc.  They also built racks, sidecars and all kinds of stuff to haul their treasures around.  I once say a sidecar rig with two dead hogs in it.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #4 - 07/04/11 at 13:02:41

Just today I saw a vintage motorcycle (not sure of the make) with a side car towing a canoe. No BS.  Guy and his gal and they were not young. And I have a witness. CRAZY.  He had to get out of his seat, lean way over to make a turn from a dead stop. Only in Florida.  Cool

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 07/04/11 at 13:19:52

A few years ago I met a guy on an old Honda 350 with one of those old console TV's with the large wooden cabinet strapped to the back.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 07/10/11 at 18:26:13

My motorcycle is not a toy.  My motorcycle is my vehicle.  It has to carry anything I need to carry.  I have carried 10' piece of 1/2" iron pipe, I have carried a 5 gallon water carrier on the bike, full.  Last Friday I stopped at the mower shop after work, the edger was ready.  Wife was did not answer her cell, so I carried it 5.5 miles home:

Who is crazier -- the person who is doing; or the person who thinks they cannot?

WWW   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/10/11 at 22:35:14

Paladin, nice bike. I see lots of original parts. What size is that headlight bucket and where did you get it?

IP Logged
PiaFea

Against the Wind !

Houston, Texas - USA
Reply #8 - 07/11/11 at 07:24:23

Good posture on the bike Paladin. Best to you and your family!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 07/11/11 at 08:01:46

Im pretty sure he stole that headlight off a steam locomotive,, Its a Biggun aint it??
& Yea,, he looks exactly at home on that bike..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #10 - 07/16/11 at 09:41:36

SuperSavage wrote on 07/10/11 at 22:35:14:
Paladin, nice bike. I see lots of original parts. What size is that headlight bucket and where did you get it?

This is a 7" Harley bottom mount headlight.  The first try was a small piece of steel, two holes to match the Triple-T and a forward center hole for the headlight.  Placed the headlight far forward, for me.

Second try, which I like, was just four pieces of aluminum 2" angle.  Two holes to bolt to the Triple-T, one hole for the headlight, and 8 little bolt/nuts to hole the sides.  No change to the stock Triple-T, just a little saw and drill to match two holes to one hole.  With the boot to place the mount just the place I wanted it sit.

The headlight I got in eBay, it was for a buggy headlight but he only had one.  Motorcycle was not mentioned and cyclist did not notice the ad.  I got it for the $10 start bidding plus $10 shipping.  I stole it.   It looks like this one from the web: http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19929-M1 ($220).

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 07/16/11 at 10:31:39

I just love a good deal,, even if I didnt get it,, you knocked that one outta the park, Paladin.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/17/11 at 13:10:00

Well, that's some serious $hit... I tried a 10Ah battery AND my rear fender in a nylon bag (single bag, mind you, bloody fender rattled off whilst I was going to get the battery) hangin' on handlebar. NOT fun.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:30:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Craziest S#!T you've seen on a motorcycle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.