Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Routy's Forward Controls (Read 133 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Routy's Forward Controls
06/30/11 at 03:57:17

I am getting these from Routy soon and was wondering if I should be aware of anything when installing these? I heard someone mentioning tying the bike to a tree? I suppose because you remove the kickstand the bike has no way to stand. i can get somebody to hold her for that.

Any guidance appreciated to make this a painless experience.
Smiley

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Routy's Forward Controls
Reply #1 - 06/30/11 at 04:27:34

Make sure that someone peed before you start working,  Cheesy

Khm... much better if you secure it with ratchet strap tie-ons on both sides.

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #2 - 06/30/11 at 05:11:20

I used this one, it worked fine for me !

http://www.tornbjerg.dk/hp/savagesources/index.php?thump=stand

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 06/30/11 at 05:21:49

I used heavy duty wire ties and attached a 2 by 2 to the top of the engine guard, then supported the ends on jack stands. Another helpful tip is to get some wood dowel to drive out the engine bolts and support the bottom of the engine while changing the parts.( I used the wood dowels from a couple of wooden coat hangers.) They will keep all the spacers in place as well. And use Locktite on them engine bolts. Don't forget to get the longer bolt that Routy doesn't supply  that goes through the frame into the back of the kick stand piece. I had to go to a fastener supply place to get it as it is fine thread. Take the old bolt with you as it as there are three fine thread sizes for that dia bolt and it is not the most common one. And one of the threads on the shift rod is left hand, and you can ruin it if you try and loosen it the wrong way. Routy's instructions are pretty straight forward.
Have fun.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:20:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Routy's Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.