Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I freakin love walmart! (Read 336 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: I freakin love walmart!
Reply #15 - 06/30/11 at 13:14:59

People are funny about how much money they should make,My Sons gf's girl  just graduated from 8th grade,And went to work in a restaurant and she thinks its awful she only makes $7.50 per hour my self I think that a fair wage.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #16 - 06/30/11 at 13:16:37

+1 on people of walmart site. I have no gripes about walmart at all. I find everything i need in one place. The local grocery stores are rip off so i buy all but my meat or veggies from there.

« Last Edit: 06/30/11 at 16:32:50 by KristenAnn »  
kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 06/30/11 at 16:13:20

I buy as little as possible there, but some things you kinda have to go there. Cases of "super unleaded" soda (caffeine free Diet Coke), oil, spark plugs (I hate Autozone and NAPA), motorcycle batteries ( notched my battery box to run a 14LA2, cheap and easy to find)...

Won't buy meat or produce there, it is garbage.

All 3 of the ones we use locally have their own areas that suck, especially the magazine dept. But the one in Cordova TN is usually good for a hottie or two changing in the parking lot...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 06/30/11 at 17:02:38

Kristen Ann, I thought it was you who started the thread. I'm apologizing for the second time today. As you know, I wasn't fussing anyway, just telling our experiences. I used Faded Glory Jeans for years till I noticed they were made in Pakistan. No more for me. I wish everyone would complain in writing to all US stores and tell them no more foreign junk. We asked for cheap and we got it!

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #19 - 06/30/11 at 18:01:41

Its all good

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #20 - 06/30/11 at 18:41:24

I shop local where I can (despite working for Lowes) but there's a lot of things you can't find anywhere else in small towns!

As for unusual, not only am I surprised they have it, but all the choices... too odd!!!

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x...

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 06/30/11 at 18:45:53

Things like that really piss me off... Angry...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #22 - 07/01/11 at 04:47:37

I just had to scroll down. A "waterless" urinal? We call that peeing in the yard here in the country.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #23 - 07/01/11 at 09:32:34

arteacher wrote on 06/30/11 at 10:59:10:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 06/30/11 at 09:44:17:
I won't disagree with ya'll but I work there as asset protection and I make a fairly decent wage.

"Asset Protection"? Is that store security, aka floorwalker?
Depends on what you think is "decent". $20/hr? $30/hr? The only way to make a decent wage in retail is on commission, and then you have to be clever and work hard. ( I am NOT implying that you are neither of those.)

Yes Asset Protection is basically store security. We have a couple of types though. We have 404 which is the ones who walk the floor in plain clothes and bust idiots trying to steal stuff and then there are APGs which are Asset Protection Greeters, now do not confuse this with the People Greeters. We as APG do get to stand all day at the door and get yelled at by customers because we have to check their receipts.

It's pretty lame work and you have to bite your tongue when a customer starts cussing you out and threatening you because they are so darn busy they can't delayed for a mere second or two. But most of the time its pretty easy money at 10.00 an hour which is not bad for around here.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 07/01/11 at 09:58:09

bill67 wrote on 06/30/11 at 13:14:59:
People are funny about how much money they should make,My Sons gf's girl  just graduated from 8th grade,And went to work in a restaurant and she thinks its awful she only makes $7.50 per hour my self I think that a fair wage.

Minimum wage laws are part of the employment problem,, we need them gone,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #25 - 07/05/11 at 03:47:23

JOG I think the unions want way more pay than I think would be right,But the rich would like people to work for $1.00 and hour it would benefit them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #26 - 07/05/11 at 06:05:55

Yonuh, We sometimes work places for our family we would'nt put up with for just ourselves. It seems strange to me that people think it is okay to yell and carry on just because they can. I no longer tolerate it and stop it when I can. It doesn't hurt to be civil to others. That's why we need to treat others with respect online as well. We have some disagreements here because we can't see facial expressions, but mostly it's fun. We can go through life with people dreading to see us coming, or we can be nice. Our WM is a good store and my wife is treated fairly. Glad you have a job, nowadays. Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 07/05/11 at 06:48:02

Bill, your thinking is way off here,, most jiobs arent working for the rich, & IF someone is gonna dictate what I must pay someone to sweep the floor & haul trash, & if its a fledgeling company, I may not be able to pay them 7+ an hour,, but if someone wanted a job & an opportunity to learn the other things going on in the busoness,, I mite could justify payin 5.. when he learns how to do more than just sweep & haul trash, then he can make me some $$$ with his  knowledge & training & NOW hes earning ME enough $$$ I can afford to pay him right,, see how that works? It creates jobs to ALLOW people to work for less .. Ive worked for less than minimum before,, in order to get my foot in the door,, I wasnt trained in the field I wanted in, & they werent gonna pay me to do what I didnt know how to do,, I had to work to get in,, then I was there 7 years fixing copiers & cash registers & calculators, fax machines, paper shredders, everything you see in an office, even electric staplers.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #28 - 07/05/11 at 08:33:01

OK JOG let the guy sweeping the floors make $5.00 per hour and the guy on the top floor make $2,000,000 a year,If the company loses money the government will give them a bail out so the guy sweeping doesn't loose his job.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:16:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › I freakin love walmart!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.