Send Topic Print
Altitude (Read 65 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Altitude
06/27/11 at 11:23:09

Mark Hoyer's column about the RYCA in Cycle World last fall brought the S40 into focus for me. Then I discovered this astonishing forum, and learned from all of you that this is really my ideal bike, perfectly suited to my needs and desires. After months of lurking here (bikeless), a week ago today I parked a Pearl White 2007, with just 1256 miles on the odo, in my garage, thus returning to motorcycling after 40+ years. (If I could figure out how to update my profile, I'd describe the bike there).

But I've read so many posts I may be suffering from TMI. My sense is that, residing at 5300' elevation, white spacers and jets aren't likely to be issues for me. However, I'm wondering if drilling holes in the muffler end baffle, as per "Routy", will create issues. Other than adding a TKAT and Progressives, I'd as soon leave well enough alone.

Anyway, my sincere thanks to all who've maintained, monitored and posted on this fantastic forum. I'm delighted to be a card-carrying (and S40 riding) member of this great gang. (Sorry. Alliteration addict).

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Altitude
Reply #1 - 06/27/11 at 11:34:40

I'd guess at 5k ft, you'll be okay drilling out the baffle or going to a Dyna muffler without a rejet... You're probably just a little rich in the stock configuration...

Congrats and welcome... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #2 - 06/27/11 at 11:57:04

Thanks, Serowbot. Just what I was hoping to hear. And I'm honored that one of my favorite posters here was the first to respond to my first post. Maybe one o' these days I'll get down there we can run up to Summerhaven for a cup of coffee. Or to Rosa's for some carne seca.

BTW, for them that's curious, my forum name is a combination of the state in which I live and my $.02 on the number of cylinders I reckon a motorcycle oughta have.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/27/11 at 13:07:18

You can lose a few pounds, have a nicer looking muffler & get a good sound without messing up your stock muffler by slappin a Dyna on it. One day, stock mufflers may be required, Id save it in stock form if I could,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #4 - 06/27/11 at 13:17:23

I dunno. Dyna "fit" seems to be open to debate here. But thanks - if I run across one I might give it a shot.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:39:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Altitude

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.