Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Exhaust wrap- I know it's been done 2 death but... (Read 267 times)
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Re: Exhaust wrap- I know it's been done 2 death bu
Reply #15 - 06/29/11 at 07:33:28

Skeebo,
15' x 2" was BARELY enough.

Scott,
The clamp is the 2" UNFORMED. Its the one laid out flat in a plastic sealed package. They have another that is preformed that they brought out as the "same thing" but it isn't. it has a molded step down in the middle that makes one end a little bigger than the other. I didn't like it and it may have caused fit issues.
It did require some shimming. I think its tight enough now, but we'll see. It slipped a little at first and I had to go back and mess with it.

The bolts are crazy long for it. I may grab some shorter ones next time I hit Lowes.

IP Logged
Scott2.0
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Detroit
Reply #16 - 06/29/11 at 08:04:05

SoE wrote on 06/29/11 at 07:33:28:
Scott,
The clamp is the 2" UNFORMED. Its the one laid out flat in a plastic sealed package. They have another that is preformed that they brought out as the "same thing" but it isn't. it has a molded step down in the middle that makes one end a little bigger than the other. I didn't like it and it may have caused fit issues.
It did require some shimming. I think its tight enough now, but we'll see. It slipped a little at first and I had to go back and mess with it.

The bolts are crazy long for it. I may grab some shorter ones next time I hit Lowes.

Does this look right?  https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=TWDJ000210_009005...

Thanks!

2004 Savage, HD muffler, K&N, white spacer mod, 152.5 main, 55 pilot.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 06/29/11 at 08:32:40

Someone steal yer hacksaw?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #18 - 06/29/11 at 11:37:47

My hackin' saw would be a workout on those  Shocked

YES, that looks like exactly the clamp I got.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/29/11 at 11:53:03

Well,, If a hacksaw wont hack it,, then sometimes just savin the trouble & buyin new is a better answer,, putting an hours labor into a 2 dollar problem isnt savin Money,, now izzitt?Besides,, you get to Ride to the Store! That a win/win right there..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #20 - 06/29/11 at 12:05:05

Amen!

IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #21 - 06/29/11 at 17:18:01

SoE wrote on 06/29/11 at 07:33:28:
Skeebo,
15' x 2" was BARELY enough.

Scott,

Thanks!....25'x2'' It is...

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:31:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust wrap- I know it's been done 2 death but...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.