Send Topic Print
Raptor Petcock (Read 339 times)
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Re: Raptor Petcock
Reply #15 - 06/27/11 at 13:14:12

I love the Raptor... glad I changed mine months ago!  Just never felt right to have the gas always "on" per say, but I learned to ride with older style "on" / "off"/ "reserve" valves anyway.

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #16 - 06/27/11 at 13:50:21

Yeah I forgot to turn it off when I got to work this morning.  Embarrassed I remembered when I read your post.  Embarrassed She started up and ran just fine on my way home tonight though.  Smiley

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 06/28/11 at 12:16:58

I think the point Serowbot keeps making is that turning it off is nice, but so far no one has had an issue with forgetting to turn it off and anything ill coming from it.

He doesn't bother to cut his off and I don't bother unless it will be sitting for a day or so.

If your float valve works, you are good either way.

So far no failed float valves are reported after over a year of constant Raptor use with over 30 people reporting ....

During that year we have had 4 stock vac petcocks fail and dump gas into the sump.

Wink

I think the Raptor folks are relatively safe even if they forget to turn it off occasionally.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #18 - 08/05/11 at 02:05:32

Just wanted to update and say that I haven't had an issue at all since installing the Raptor! Smiley I forget to turn it off almost everyday at work (I have remembered the past couple of days though) and she still starts and runs perfectly. In fact, my husband wants to get and install one on his bike now.Smiley

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:31:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor Petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.