Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
luggage rack ideas? (Read 399 times)
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
luggage rack ideas?
06/18/11 at 13:29:11

Just wondering if anyone out there has fabricated their own luggage rack for the savage?  Looking to make something just big enough that I can carry a sissy bar bag on the back side of the sissy bar just above the tail light.  It doesnt matter if its a detachable or permanent idea- just cant see spending the amount that all the online stores want when I should be able to make one myself. Thanks in advance for the input  Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: luggage rack ideas?
Reply #1 - 06/18/11 at 13:41:44

I think seviersavage made some pretty neat ones.  Search and you shall find.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #2 - 06/18/11 at 15:03:25

any idea what the heading would be for search?  Tried luggage rack and couldnt find it  Sad

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/18/11 at 16:29:22

Ive got a 1954 Lucerne wooden milk crate & a piece of aluminum I want to build a top out of, to  stick on the W 650..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 06/18/11 at 18:27:02

I was in a hurry before.  Here is the link to his offer to sell them, though this was a while ago.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1248731274/12#12

Here is a review of his product.  Digger is a pretty through guy, for what that is worth.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1278206358/0

Seiversavage was last on line in May, according to his profile, but if you are looking for an idea, I think this one is pretty good.

Hope that helps.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 06/18/11 at 21:37:42

dv8savagerider wrote on 06/18/11 at 13:29:11:
....  luggage rack for the savage? ...  detachable ...Smiley

Ready to tour.  21" Suitcase, tent and sleeping bag, saddlebags with things.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1177262289

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/18/11 at 23:32:21

Yea, that suitcase strapped on is a grand way to go,, specially if yer "camping" at th Motel 6..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #7 - 06/19/11 at 04:22:00

After I thought some more, I think someone, maybe Al from NH made a rack out of plate or something, seems like I saw a picture in connection with the dragon ride.  I search, but could not find what I was looking for, maybe he or someone else will chime in.

prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 06/19/11 at 05:05:07

Ive seen one done in diamond plate, It looked plenty stout. Big enough to get something done, too.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 06/19/11 at 07:58:20

prechermike wrote on 06/19/11 at 04:22:00:
After I thought some more, I think someone, maybe Al from NH made a rack out of plate or something, seems like I saw a picture in connection with the dragon ride.  I search, but could not find what I was looking for, maybe he or someone else will chime in.

Naw, it was kel...

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 06/19/11 at 08:44:18

Aww yea, there it is,, that thing needs some serious shapin done on the corners..

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #11 - 06/19/11 at 09:43:25

verslagen1 wrote on 06/19/11 at 07:58:20:
prechermike wrote on 06/19/11 at 04:22:00:

Naw, it was kel...

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C02%5C09%5Cbikepics-1565909-800.jpg

YEP!  Thats the one I was thinking about.  Like Justin said, it seems kind of sharp on the corners.  I would have myself sliced open on that thing.  But I am kind of big and clumsy. Huh

prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/19/11 at 11:31:27

Imagine that thing parked in a  lot & some kid walks into that edge. Just a realy good height for peelin a kids head back a ways,, & if your eyes are that low to the ground,, then youd just be seein the edge,, & how easy would that be to miss? CLONK,   needs shaped up & some kinda border on it to make putting some kinda easy to see stuff on it.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 06/19/11 at 11:38:51

Huh

Sharpen it! Keep the evil little monkeys away from your ride....  Wink

Rounding the corners and edge drilling would make it safer. Simple split fuel hose laced on would work fine.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #14 - 06/19/11 at 12:09:52

Took an old style topside cargo rack and made mine.
Measured the bike and decided how big i wanted it then cut to fit and bolted it all back together. Spray a lil truckbed liner on it and on the bike it went. 4 bolts on, 4 bolts off and its heavier(stronger) then any aftermarket i might of got. Took me a couple of evenings, maybe 4 hours and less then 20 bucks in bolts, screws, bedliner ect. Sorry, no pics.

You just got to look around at what you got and imagine what you can come up with.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:27:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › luggage rack ideas?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.