Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is this a good deal? (Read 252 times)
sillydilly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Is this a good deal?
Reply #15 - 06/19/11 at 12:46:40

he seems pretty firm and uptight, and figures if I dont make a move by monday hes got another guy waiting.

No big deal, woulda loved to have it, but to drive 11 hours for a bike like that isnt something Im into.

IP Logged
MagickNinja

Dont sweat the petty
things, Pet the
sweaty things

Boise, ID
Reply #16 - 06/20/11 at 11:30:29

sillydilly wrote on 06/19/11 at 12:46:40:
he seems pretty firm and uptight, and figures if I dont make a move by monday hes got another guy waiting.

No big deal, woulda loved to have it, but to drive 11 hours for a bike like that isnt something Im into.

First off, that price is ludicrous. I paid $600 for my '87 Savage and aside from spending a week tracking down its bogging problem, is a nice beautiful bike. Go to the Need Help!!! thread and you'll see a pic of it. I'm with the other guy, I'd give 2, maybe $300 for it tops.

I deal with craigs all the time. It's kinda become like a part time job for me. The guys that won't negotiate or talk about all the other "potential" buyers are usually full of it. They are cheap and want to hold out for the price he wants. Honestly, he probably has around $600 in it and is looking to get some money back. But, in those situations I walk away and 7 out of 10 times I get an email or phone call 4 days later and its the same guy now willing to negotiate because his pretend "potential" buyers never came.

11 hours? Thats one of those deals where you could see both sides. You could say, "I gotta drive all this way man, cut me some slack and lower the price, help me out!" but on the other hand he could say, "I'm selling the bike, it's not my fault/problem you live 11 hours away." And on both ends you'd be right.

I personally HATE when someone calls me about an item for sale and then ask me to drive an hour away to meet them or deliver. On a couple occasions people have come by, bought an item and maybe it didn't fit like they thought. In these situations I've been more than happy to "deliver" it if they covered my gas. I have 2 kids, full time job and a full time band, plus the only time I get alone I spend on the guitar, computer or bike. My time is very important to me, wasting 5 hours on what should be a 20min deal on my sunday really gets under my skin.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #17 - 06/20/11 at 11:42:40

Magic, I don't believe he is in the United States. I live in the South and the prices people pay in other regions seem outrageous. I have noticed that our "foreign" friends have a hard time even  locating parts, so it is only natural that they have to pay more and put up with more crap just to get to ride. He sold a '96 for $3200.  Just sayin'..

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
MagickNinja

Dont sweat the petty
things, Pet the
sweaty things

Boise, ID
Reply #18 - 06/20/11 at 12:09:26

Boofer wrote on 06/20/11 at 11:42:40:
Magic, I don't believe he is in the United States. I live in the South and the prices people pay in other regions seem outrageous. I have noticed that our "foreign" friends have a hard time even  locating parts, so it is only natural that they have to pay more and put up with more crap just to get to ride. He sold a '96 for $3200.  Just sayin'..

oh darn... I just saw a '98 with 10k on it for $1800 lol

Yeah that makes sense being in another country. Funny how it works that way.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:37:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is this a good deal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.