Send Topic Print
dril out the baffel? (Read 121 times)
Raider91606
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

dril out the baffel?
06/17/11 at 00:13:33

a friend recominded that i drill out the baffel  at end of muffler?  I do want it a lil louder, is this a good idea  anyone done this b4?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: dril out the baffel?
Reply #1 - 06/17/11 at 01:08:23

Yea, thats been done, but thats not how Id go at it at all..
You can get a nicer lookin muffler for cheap & ditch the stock unit, lose a few pounds at the same time. A dyna muffler looks sharp on these bikes. $20.00 is about the norm,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Raider91606
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/17/11 at 01:10:08

ok, dyna muffler... ill look that up   any good places to find that

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/17/11 at 01:08:23:
Yea, thats been done, but thats not how Id go at it at all..
You can get a nicer lookin muffler for cheap & ditch the stock unit, lose a few pounds at the same time. A dyna muffler looks sharp on these bikes. $20.00 is about the norm,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/17/11 at 01:11:40

HD dyna, HD shop, ask for a take off,, make sure theres no crossover connection.. now Go to BED!

Ohh, if only I could take my own advice..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 06/17/11 at 20:28:19

You can use a muffler off the Super Low or the Night Train and not have to rejet. I have not used the Dyna muffler recommend on here and don't know if rejetting is necessary. Some do it because of the lean condition of the carb. The muffler I am recommending goes on with no problem and needs no offset of 10 degrees. Requires a couple of wraps of Dr Pepper can for a gasket, a 1 1/4-20 bolt and a couple of washers. It sounds different, but NOT loud. It just doesn't sound like a lawn mower. Drilling 1/4" holes around the plate in the muffler rear is easy and does not make it much louder. Too much and you will lose back pressure and some low end power. Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 06/17/11 at 21:26:04

go WAY back in the tech section..(5 years?) theres some oem muff mod post lurkin there...more than just drillin
got to get the rivets drilled out then mod the plumming you find inside..

there is one who just got a lond extension for drill bit but dont think the results were satisfactory..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 06/17/11 at 21:44:48

There are two baffles inside. They look like pipes and one is smaller in diameter than the other. You can pull the center one out for a little noise, but you lose a little power. With both out the power suffers and the sound is not that great, to me.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 09:20:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dril out the baffel?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.