Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where did my inspection sticker go? (Read 101 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Where did my inspection sticker go?
06/16/11 at 19:01:40

I've had my bike about 2 months now. I was washing it yesterday and noticed I had no inspection sticker on my fork. WTF. I grabbed the phone and called the dealer. They said that they don't give NY inspections. (I bought the bike in connecticut. BTW) I said you registered the bike in "NY" why didn't you get it inspected? No answer. Geez, so now I have been riding illegally. I feel so bad.Bwahhaha. Smiley

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Where did my inspection sticker go?
Reply #1 - 06/16/11 at 21:19:36

No inspection stickers here. If vehicle is from another
state, yes it has to be inspected. Yet again, no sticker
placed on vehicle.
Will the dealership cover the cost for you?
Good thing to know for those of you that
have this procedure in your areas.  Smiley kim

IP Logged
jdeluca

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South of Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 06/16/11 at 21:30:12

In MA, it is up to the owner to get the sticker, and when a title changes hands, the new owner needs to get it reinspected.  If the sale cost was over $600 (I think) and fails, the previous owner is responsible for fixing the problems.  Otherwise, you're SOL.
MA get's weird on the Registration/Insurance thing though...In order to register the vehicle, you need to provide proof of insurance.  How do you insure something that's not yet registered?  But for a small fee, your insurance company will send a "runner" to the registry for you...

delucaja   IP Logged
VAFarmer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How do you insure something that's not yet registe
Reply #3 - 06/17/11 at 07:09:13

My insurance agent only requires year, make,model and VIN.

I can call them up, say "i'm going to look at a used car this afternoon".

Get there, beat they folks down as much as I can, say "I'll take it" and then once the title has been signed over to me, I can call the office, no matter what hrs, leave a message with the above info, and tell them that I bought it, and they make it retro to the time that I called.....

Probably a product of a good agency that I've been with for years, but has always worked for me.

God bless,

Farmer

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #4 - 06/17/11 at 08:11:48

inspection is different .  in PA you go to a state licensed inspection station (most mechanics) and they check your vehicle for safety, brakes, lights, etc.  Some counties in PA also require emissions testing.  when I lived in Ohio, there was no safety inspection, just emissions, but e-check was strict enough to keep most junkers off the road

insurance works the same here, call your agent with VIN and they add it onto your policy.  

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #5 - 06/17/11 at 12:09:52

You're in NY, get it inspected, cops check for that sticker. Cost $5 and takes 2 mins.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #6 - 06/17/11 at 12:39:21

NC has a form for the insurance company to fill out showing proof of insurance - I bought my bike in SC was origianlly titled in OH - never had a SC title or tag - no isnp in SC req'd - ......so as i am traveling back to NC with the bike in the back of the p/u truck i call my ins. agent give him the VIN and tell what kind of coverage I want and give him my Amex # to pay for it the bike is now covered - I stop by his office when I get back to NC and pick up the policy and proof of ins card (friday) my buddy who has his MC lic. takes it to the nearest MC insp station and gets it insp. on Saturday - go to NCDMV Monday and find out the OH title was incorrectly filled out by the SC notary - the 2nd owner had to re-apply to OH for a replacement title - 1 month later I finally get the bike titled/registered/tag in NC....so now every May i get it insp ($13) & renew the insurance ($104) in June i get the tag renewed ($18) and every 8 yr i get my MC endorsement renewed along with my MV lic ($1.75/yr x 8 = $14 for MC endorsement on top of the MV fee ($4/yr x 8 = $32)......oh by the way no freakin strickers in NC for MC or MV that changed several years ago.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #7 - 06/17/11 at 22:11:36

Going today. Found a local place.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 20:29:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Where did my inspection sticker go?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.