Send Topic Print
need tips (Read 101 times)
Raider91606
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

need tips
06/15/11 at 12:17:14

hey all, im a new rider, just got my savage  2000 650   1st bike   what are the basic lil things to do to it?  i mean i would like make it louder,  been a camaro guy for ever ... there are those lil things you do to that car ads lil hp  or helps the sound  im sure the bikes are the same.  so anyone know any lil mods to start with on these bikes?  really would like it louder  anything i can do to make it sound like a beast???? Smiley

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: need tips
Reply #1 - 06/15/11 at 12:20:14

Lots of varying opinions available here, and each one has their own way of doing it, but in the Tech section there is the table of contents that has clickable links for many of the most common mods people have done.

Here's the link: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 06/15/11 at 13:16:18

A 2000 model, any previous mods done, or is it pretty much stock?  How many miles on it?  I would say get to know the bike and its "normal" behaviors for a little while.  Then change one thing at a time, so when something doesn't work, you'll know what it was that didn't work.  Make it sound like a beast?  Well, that's relative.  Its never gonna sound like a camaro!  lol   

As EJID said, do some reading in the Techical section.  All depends on what you feel comfortable doing yourself, and/or how much moolah you want to spend.  And use your Search function.  Lots of threads on mufflers/exhausts, how-to's and pics.  Feel free to ask questions, cause someone here has seen/done/tried almost everything with this bike!    

Oh, and welcome to the fun!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/15/11 at 13:18:08

babyhog wrote on 06/15/11 at 13:16:18:
A 2000 model, any previous mods done, or is it pretty much stock?  How many miles on it?  I would say get to know the bike and its "normal" behaviors for a little while.  Then change one thing at a time, so when something doesn't work, you'll know what it was that didn't work.  Make it sound like a beast?  Well, that's relative.  Its never gonna sound like a camaro!  lol   

As EJID said, do some reading in the Techical section.  All depends on what you feel comfortable doing yourself, and/or how much moolah you want to spend.  And use your Search function.  Lots of threads on mufflers/exhausts, how-to's and pics.  Feel free to ask questions, cause someone here has seen/done/tried almost everything with this bike!    

I would say get to know the bike and its "normal" behaviors for a little while.  Then change one thing at a time, so when something doesn't work, you'll know what it was that didn't work.

Uh huhh,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #4 - 06/15/11 at 13:23:02

Jardine muffler Wink

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/15/11 at 13:29:26

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Raider91606
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/15/11 at 14:55:31

thanks!  i got this babby with 9k on it  all stock other then some harley light instaled on the fron  makes it look beefyer  i was gona buy a big harley  but was talked out of it when due to never riding b4 at all!  i have put all togather now about a mile or 2 on this bike my self lol  
my goal was to learn  pass test on this then sell get the big one  but   i dont know.....seems kinda nice!!!  

babyhog wrote on 06/15/11 at 13:16:18:

IP Logged
Raider91606
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/15/11 at 14:57:27

thanks all!

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #8 - 06/15/11 at 18:11:22

Depends on your size too. Different mods can be done to accomodate even big guys like me. (6'1") These bikes got enough balls to keep up with Harleys on the road. And mods can be done to improve horsepower and stuff.
As far as the muffler--different strokes.....I have an old Harley muffler with the baffle knocked out on mine. It sounds good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:26:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need tips

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.