Send Topic Print
For the old folks here (Read 435 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
For the old folks here
06/14/11 at 07:24:43

I keep seeing people talk about their achy stuff, arthritis, etc..
Rheumatoid Arthritis has been looked for by people studying ancient people,, it aint there.. the diets we have are different from what they once were, obvious;y.. we are typically acidic in our PH levels. That leads to cavities & migration of calcium from bone into soft tissues.
Soda, coffee & many her things contribute, but soda, with its phosphoric acid, is very bad about loosening bone up. Fluoride "fits"into the bone matrix & replaces some of the lost calcium. Can you say Busted Hip? How about osteoporosis?

How can I change it, you say..?
Well, odd as it sounds, with lemon juice.. add a tablespoon or 2 to a quart O water, use some stevia, sugar contributes to many problems, stevia doesnt affect blood sugar,.Dont drink cola from the local grocery store, Blue Sky is the least toxic Ive found.. anyway, you can make an almost lemonade drink, for cheap & its GOOD fer yaz! Cancer cant live in a basic environment, disease just cant stay there.. & its actually possible to remineralize a tooth & eliminate a small avity by managing the PH of the body.

Ive said all that to say this,  we arent just Lotto Winners( well,, losers) here, some getting Big Bad Deadly diseases, others, not so bad,, we play some role in it, unintentionally, because we are products of American Culture & what we see as "Normal" behavior is Normal, allrite, its just not healthy.. & America spends so much on disease management, & our people are sicker & w eat & drink toxic crap every day.. Stay OUT of fast food joints, just dont walk in there.. MSG & GMO crap everywhere.. If a product says "Natural Flavors" thats one of many,many ways they can sell you MSG.

Theres plenty more to say,, but who is gonna care?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Re: For the old folks here
Reply #1 - 06/14/11 at 08:16:53

Interesting. Sadly I stopped drinking water (as much as I can) since they poisoned it with fluoride. I think all living things have the ability to cure themselves, yet it becomes harder all the time to sustain yourself without the side effects of what they forcefully shove in your mouth.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 06/14/11 at 08:21:25

Theyre spraying live viruses on sliced meats. Irradiating as many spices as they can, spices are known to have medicinal properties,, until theyre killed by radiation..

Dont use a Microwave,, we tossed ours years ago,, ya only miss them a couple of months..

Agenda 21 is  good read.

Soft Kill is a term everyone needs to know..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #3 - 06/14/11 at 08:29:16

Next thing you'll be tellin' me I gotta stop eatin' Craokacola an' moon pies for breakfast!  Grin I get what you're saying, JOG, and there's no doubt our diet has changed a lot in the last forty years, but to be fair ancient societies didn't LIVE to our age for arthritis to manifest itself either! I can still remember old Doc Schmidt telling my grandfather (who farmed, drank well water most of his life, and ate very little that he didn't raise) that arthritis was just inevitable. If you lived long enough you were going to get it. That was very early 1960s and still rings pretty true today! It sure isn't any fun, but most of the folks I know that have it manage it with a few pills and a common sense avoidance of foods that aggrevate it!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/14/11 at 08:36:05

My Dr told me about societies in "The Backwoods of the World" who hadnt been around the Western Diet. Ive even seen films of some, I saw old people, very strong & agile & having children, as a normal way of life in their society, well up into what we call middle age. Be careful you dont believe all the "America is the best with the long lived people" propaganda. Then, multinational companies found a way to use their natural resources & sent people into those areas & started developing them, carrying with them the "need" for hamburgers, fries, pizza & cokes, etc,,
The lifespan of the locals started dropping in just a few years,, as they became attached to the taste of the crap we call food.
You'd be shocked at how old some people got,, not the ancients, but those form the 17 & 18oos,, & they didnt have RA.. I didnt want to have to type every detail,, but I will..

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #5 - 06/14/11 at 09:10:10

It seems to me that the only animals who get cancer are the ones that are fed by and hang around humans. When I retire if I ever get there, I'll grow my own food and eat food I can trust.

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #6 - 06/14/11 at 09:10:51

Understood, Guy! My point is my grandpa was a farmer and carpenter through the depression. A true "barn raisin' fiddler" who ate home grown vegetables without chemical fertilizers, raised a few cattle and pigs, and drank whole milk from his own stock and well water in a time when polution wasn't a concern, and STILL had it. The family was very self reliant as were all families that made it through the depression with very little store bought staples beyond sugar and such! German heritage, (I think all heritages have their strengths and prones to certain ailments) his work and parts of his diet such as bacon and eggs nearly every day of his life contributed to his susceptability to heart disease and arthritis.
  I agree with you that the fast food culture is very bad for us. I'd agree that there are a lot of additives in a lot of things these days that weren't there before that add to our health problems. I just don't agree that arthritis "cropped up" over our generation based on what I know of my own family history dating back to my great grand-parents and beyond!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 06/14/11 at 09:37:28

Not true...
I don't think dinosaurs and cavemen were sodaholics...

Quote:
While evidence of primary ankle (kaki) osteoarthritis has been discovered in dinosaurs, the first known traces of human arthritis date back as far as 4500 BC. In early reports, arthritis was frequently referred to as the most common ailment of prehistoric peoples.[26] It was noted in skeletal remains of Native Americans found in Tennessee and parts of what is now Olathe, Kansas. Evidence of arthritis has been found throughout history, from Ötzi, a mummy (circa 3000 BC) found along the border of modern Italy and Austria, to the Egyptian mummies circa 2590 BC [27]

In 1715 William Musgrave published the second edition of his most important medical work De arthritide symptomatica which concerned arthritis and its effects

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #8 - 06/14/11 at 09:45:16

Oh oh, so who's right? People studying ancient people or William Musgrave?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 06/14/11 at 10:02:16

So how long do I drink lemon juice for my arthritis to get better.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 06/14/11 at 10:15:44

bill67 wrote on 06/14/11 at 10:02:16:
So how long do I drink lemon juice for my arthritis to get better.

'till you die,...  then the pain will subside...  
...if you've been a good boy... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #11 - 06/14/11 at 12:30:33

This is a word for a new forum, but here it is. STRESS. And BTW I think we are about 70+% water. Figure out a way to keep hydrated, even if you have to filter/distill your own.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #12 - 06/14/11 at 12:51:08

Boofer wrote on 06/14/11 at 12:30:33:
This is a word for a new forum, but here it is. STRESS. And BTW I think we are about 70+% water. Figure out a way to keep hydrated, even if you have to filter/distill your own.

My Cardiologist said I have to less than 2 liters of water a day.  To stop Edema.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edema  "Peripheral pitting edema... results from water retention... as a result of heart failure."  Which is why I am also supposed to stay under 2,000 mg sodium a day.

WWW   IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #13 - 06/14/11 at 12:52:26

JOG2 is correct - being a diabetic i have been through all of this with my fleet of dr's.......my choices now are Green Tea or Black Tea or a mix - and lots of antioxidents in berries, cherries - i figured out a long time ago thaty if i de-fat, de-sugar & de-carb I de-flate.....lost 100or more 3 times in my life by using the De-3 formula.....now on meds that fight the de-flate but I definitely de-carbonated in order to help the arthritis....the hardest is to de-carb o hydrate them things are so freakin addictive it just aint fair and yes our food today is so modified from that of our grandparents and great grand parents we all being bombared with chemically enhanced crap they pawn off as healthy food....B F S! ....jumping off the soap box, sorry.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #14 - 06/14/11 at 13:00:14

JOG -

While some of your opinions have merit, I'll add more to it - modern lifestyle.

A few years ago National Geographic ran one of their stories about a group of folks in Sardinia who had extremely long, healthy lifespans.  But when you got beyond the fact that they eat Pecorino Romano cheese, most of them are farmers or livestock raisers.  They live in small villages or on small farms in hilly country.  They walk everywhere, and those in the really rural farms walk up and down hills when in their fields.

Hence - exercise all day, everyday.

But, here I sit on my butt in an office, and I have for 40 years.  I'm about 35 pounds overweight - not obese, but sure am pudgy.  I take medication for high blood pressure.  No kidding - I really don't expect a long life expectancy, but not because of what I eat, more because I've grown sedentary and somewhat physically lazy.  I hate exercise, even though I've got reallly good equipment at home - treadmill, eliptical trainer, etc., I almost never use it.

My bicycle hasn't seen any use in 2 years.  25 years ago, I rode at least 50 miles a week.

How many of us fit my poor excuse of a mold?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:07:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › For the old folks here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.