Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat replacement options (under 200) (Read 133 times)
VAFarmer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Seat replacement options (under 200)
06/14/11 at 05:22:18

First off, thanks to those patient enought to answer the same questions over and over.  
I am struggling with the search option, or my phrasing is not up to par, one of the two....

This bike purchase was not high on my wife's list of necessities (don't know why, I love it  Wink  ) but suddenly she has taken an interest to ride it with me.   We have a very busy life and 3 kids and church and the farm and.....you know.  

Anyway, she sat on the bike the other day, and said " I wanna ride too'  but didn't care for the graham-cracker sized seat.   I can't blame her.  My seat is not too bad, but the passenger seat really leaves you wanting more.

Is the stock seat a one piece or two?  

I have seen threads that mention Sportster seat replacement, but that seat really looks no bigger on the PASSENGER end than the stock seat.
If it is considerably more comfortable, I think I could handle the mod if I could locate a thread to the job on here.   Anybody got a url to one?
The catch 22 here is, I can't make this job too expensive....she is already leery of the expense, but I know for a fact, if I can make the first ride a positive one (read in, comfortable) then she will be hooked!!

Thanks and God bless,

Farmer

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Seat replacement options (under 200)
Reply #1 - 06/14/11 at 05:41:32

Farmer,

How about a butt buddy for your wife:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1241464821/9#9

I thought there was a better thread, but I gave up searching.

Here is the website:
http://buttybuddy.com/

I haven't tried one, so I relaly can't say.  It seems pretty simple though.

As far as the search, make sure you change the "this post was made in the last" setting.  I usually us the all one, unless I know when it was made.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 06/14/11 at 05:44:06

First... on your searches, be sure to change the time-frame of the results you want to receive.  The default is "one week", so be sure to change it to something longer.  That is usually the problem most folks have when searching.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe pre-2005 models were 2-piece seats and after that are one piece.  I forgot what model yours is.

There aren't a whole lot of after-market seats for our beloved baby.  Corbin makes one, but its not cheap.  Unless you find a used one, which I don't see very often, it will be over $200.  Those here who have them seem to praise them, but I haven't heard much about the passenger portion of one.  

Pulling the cover and modifying the padding is an option, but probably isn't going to help the passenger portion much either.

The Butty Buddy might be a good option for you, might be able to find cheaper elsewhere, ebay, etc.    http://www.buttybuddy.com/

Or here is a full OEM replacement that is supposedly more comfortable, although I still don't know if that helps the passenger or not.  http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/custom-gel-leather-seat-s...

Someone who rides 2-up will come along with more suggestions, hopefully!

**Edit - I just ditto'd almost everything Mike said.  Great minds think alike!   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
VAFarmer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/14/11 at 09:00:32

Thanks guys (and gal  Wink )

Yeah, the search parameters I have been setting to 1 year, and searching all topics, maybe just no instructional how- to on the seat yet.

That seat device looks like it might fit the bill..... We won't be riding deux too much, so maybe it will be what the doctor ordered until she gets the bug to  Shocked have her OWN   Shocked   bike!

Have a great afternoon and feel blessed,

Farmer

Thanks  for the advice

IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #4 - 06/15/11 at 09:35:27

My GF like the add on thingy that came with my bike. I bought odevlasc's bike.

It is two round bolsters on either side of the seat and all of it wrapped in Leather.
Not as nice as a Butty Buddy but significantly cheaper.

Can take pics if requested.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:21:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat replacement options (under 200)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.