Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Re: Oil Change time..Oil Window confusion? (Read 577 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Oil Change time..Oil Window confusion?
Reply #45 - 06/17/11 at 09:26:24

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/17/11 at 08:45:47:
Don't change the subject jest because you are starting to lose again -- Charon isn't here to defend himself and gasoline choices don't have a thing to do with yer motor oil.

Charon was at least honest enough to say he changed his mind in weight of the evidence ....

Everything I said Charon said I was wrong.I had Suzuki GR 650s so did Charon,I had mine geared 1000 less rpm than stock,Drove 28000 miles no problems with the higher gearing I love the relaxed rpm on freeways and trip.I had evidence it was a lot nicer high of 68 mpg. But he talked like you shouldn't gear a bike higher,He didn't know because he didn't do it, I did and i know because I did it.He also Sea Foam was no good.

« Last Edit: 06/17/11 at 11:25:31 by bill67 »  

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #46 - 06/17/11 at 12:53:13

I have never noted any sludge or crust build up on the inside in that pipe area on my bike or on Serenity's old 57,000 mile engine.

I theorize that the double wall exhaust pipe stays cool enough that the radiant heat simply warms the aluminum cases some then the heat is conducted away by the aluminum housings and the oil pool behind them and is expressed out into the air as general radiant heat from the whole lower engine.

These aluminum case areas are backed up by the oil pool in the sump and the circulation filled oil filter cavity so you can see it would be kinda tough to locally overheat these side case areas as they have places to conduct that heat away to that are nice and ready at hand.

============

Bill, Charon has been gone for about 6-8 months now and he was on your side for the first 2-3 oil wars, so please quit kicking about his opinions on gasoline and gearing during a current oil war.    

As far as you working on a bike to change the gearing, how many years ago was that?   20-30 years ago?

Focus on today ....  say something good about Klotz that can be verified or say something bad about Rotella that can be proven.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #47 - 06/17/11 at 13:25:53

If the S40 was chain drive it would be geared higher,I like the belt drive I would pay $500 if I could get a pulley and belt to give me a least 500 less rpm at 60 mph.And Charon was never on by side about the oil or anything else.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:27:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: Oil Change time..Oil Window confusion?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.