Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I'm looking for new rear turn signals (Read 469 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: I'm looking for new rear turn signals
Reply #15 - 06/08/11 at 13:12:47

runwyrlph wrote on 06/08/11 at 12:25:31:
i have those too. I don't know if i'd say"heavy' metal, but they are some variety of steel, not chromed plastic.  

If i remember right I had to switch to other bulbs to make them blink correctly.  (I have both filaments blinking )
i also had a little troble with water getting into the housing - shorting and rusting- a little silicone sealant seems to have fixed that.

i also mounted them from the license plate bracket due to saddle bag clearance.

if you're up to a little "low level" modding, you can easily make them work.

If you're looking for something that "fits" as in "mounts the same as the stock ones" ... I think you'll jhave to go with OEm replacements

Yea, maybe I shouldn't have said "heavy", but they were heavier than I expected, not flimsy cheapo's. 

And I also forgot, I had water get into one of mine too.  There's a rubber gasket inside that I think got out of whack and caused the problem.  But a little sealant/dielectric grease took care of it and no problems since.  Can't remember about the bulbs, but it seems I changed them out too....    

Still awesome by comparison, for the price, IMO.  And they look good!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 06/08/11 at 13:59:33

Fender top? Piece of scrap water buffalo hide with 1" edge slits.

See if you guys can con KimChris1 into a run over to Bent. Those turn signal brackets are $3.95 there, lights are $9.95 each. I'd go, but, i don't live in western Washington anymore. Oh, and a bulk oil filter order, the shop has a couple hundred of them in stock at any given time.

I bet she'll do it if we kick in some gas money, an excuse to ride, an excuse to go shopping... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #17 - 06/08/11 at 15:45:27

Will these install easily with no modifications to my stock 2005 S40?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-BULLET-LIGHT-TURN-SIGNALS-4-AMBER-Dual-Filam...

Thanks for all the ideas so far

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #18 - 06/08/11 at 16:58:53

it'll take some modification.  you can install those anywhere there is a hole the right size.  the stem is threaded, you take the nut off, stick the stem thru the hole and put the nut on the other side so it can't come back out. This is how most aftermarket turnsignals mount.

That isn't possible at the stock mounting location.  Stock sigs have a "male" end that goes into the hole (how lascivious) then it's secured there with a screw into the signal stem.  I don't think anything but stock sigs will work at the stock location. (without some modifications)

a lot of people have mounted the above signal using existing holes in their fender (but you have to take off the chrome side rails - see WD's pic above)

You can definitely use these signals without any major or irreversible mods!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #19 - 06/08/11 at 17:03:30

runwyrlph thanks for the info. Can you point me to some basic cheapy rear turn signals in the $10 price range online (and I mean ones that I can just screw on)? My bike is at a lil over 4k miles and I'm not gonna start doing serious mods till around 50k being that I'm new to this. I'm having a hard time finding some cheap replacements.. my wallet is pretty skinny right now, lol.

IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #20 - 06/08/11 at 19:33:16

These are already on the back and I put them on the front tonight. Cast metal, not plastic, bulb/ no LED, no major strategerie getting them on either.
I got them for $21/pair shipped thru Amazon, but I have a prime account. We've all but killed the TV so I get movies, show, and some music thru them & shipping on any prime item is free.
The old one looks like a cartoon compared to the bullet.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #21 - 06/09/11 at 06:06:41

I drilled new holes in the stock fender to use the bullets (they were in the way of my bags) then filled the stock hole with a bright little LED.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #22 - 06/09/11 at 11:45:06

sweet customs!

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #23 - 06/12/11 at 10:04:30

My current custom turn signals.. I finally got the arrow ones off of Amazon.

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #24 - 06/12/11 at 12:29:44

I like the ones they have at this site. My Dad got a set from here and they are VERY good quality.

http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HS...

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #25 - 06/12/11 at 17:23:51

I like Value Accessories. They not only have full diagrams and installation instructions their service is fast with shipping somewhere around $5 for less than $100. They have lots of light stuff. His wife rides an S50, also. Giv'em a Google.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:15:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm looking for new rear turn signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.