Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S40 handlebars on Savage? (Read 116 times)
OkieSavage
YaBB Newbies

OKC
S40 handlebars on Savage?
06/06/11 at 13:54:30

We just bought my son a 1997 Savage and so far he loves it.  He likes the looks of the bars on the S40 so my question is will the risers and bars from an S40 fit on his savage or do I have to go aftermarket?  I don't know anyone that has an S40 or I would just go take all the measurements.

2005 S83 -- 1997 Savage -- 2006 Virago 250
  IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Re: S40 handlebars on Savage?
Reply #1 - 06/06/11 at 14:10:12

Just did that to my girlfriends bike a bit ago, pretty much a direct swap. All you need are the risers, the clamp in the center and the bars. Took me about 2 hours not knowing exactly how to do it....

Darren

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 06/06/11 at 14:22:10

Yep it will work. I went the other way.  The hardest part is getting the grips off, but as long as you are careful, its not that difficult. I think I used a thin screwdriver to carefully slide up into it and run it around to loosen the glue, then slide it off.  Also, cover the tank with a big towel to save possible oopsies lol.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
OkieSavage
YaBB Newbies

OKC
Reply #3 - 06/06/11 at 14:48:24

Awesome!  Now I've just got to find a pair of bars and risers somewhere.  If anyone has some I'd be interested!

I've replaced several sets of bars on my bikes so I'm not worried about the difficulty, however, it's time for him to start learning how to wrench on his own bike so I'm going to let him do it and just coach him along the way.

2005 S83 -- 1997 Savage -- 2006 Virago 250
  IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #4 - 06/07/11 at 07:42:54

To get the grips off i pryed up the edge of the grip with a small screw driver and then used some carb and choke cleaner to disolve the glue inder it by using the small red straw they include with the cleaners. Used extra hold hair spray to glue it on the new bars, hasnt budged since.

Darren

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:26:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 handlebars on Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.