Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
transmission problem (Read 608 times)
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Re: transmission problem
Reply #45 - 06/13/11 at 21:26:02

[url=]https://picasaweb.google.com/gmbhsg/SuzukiSavagePublic?authkey=Gv1sRgCIWagYOk...[/url]

Click on link above for a couple of photos.

• Condition of your pulley? Similar to the one I replaced 3K miles ago.
  • Condition of your shaft? Smiley Well, let's just say it's worse than mine (was).
  • Rx? -- New pulley and a liberal dose of an anaerobic retaining compound. I used Loctite 660. https://tds.us.henkel.com//NA/UT/HNAUTTDS.nsf/web/6D9EC2FC4F2B577088257187000...
  • You have nothing to lose (Except that you'll have to heat the Loctite and use a pulley extractor if you ever have to remove the pulley.) Sure beats splitting the engine case and replacing the output shaft.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #46 - 06/14/11 at 04:50:50

babyhog wrote on 06/13/11 at 16:42:17:
serenity3743 wrote on 06/13/11 at 13:49:01:
babyhog wrote on 06/13/11 at 11:26:38:
Well, I must say I've seen better looking shafts than that...  best of luck to you!   Grin

(sorry, couldn't resist)

But seriously, what do you do next?

Babyhog, evidently I didn't offend you with my earlier post, and I'm very glad of that!!  Thanks for having a good sense of humor!  

Seriously, I'm hoping that there is enough of the spline on the shaft to work with a new/used pulley.  If not, I might get the splines built up with a welder, but I really REALLY hope I don't have to do that.

That doesn't sound much fun at all.  I hope the new/used one works for you.  I know so little, but it looks pretty serious to me, so I'm sending my best wishes...  Be sure to keep us posted... although, I have avoided saying this... you haven't been around much... that is UNTIL you have a big problem. haha  (Of course you know I'm teasing, right)

And offend me??  HAHA  Tough to do, 'specially since I started it!   Wink  I was glad I didn't offend you!

I do lurk around here a good bit, and when I see a newbie with a problem I can help solve I try to do so.  I keep up enough that I know you're planning to hide in the bushes at Deals Gap!! Grin Grin

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #47 - 06/14/11 at 04:54:28

BuckRYCA wrote on 06/13/11 at 21:26:02:
[url=]https://picasaweb.google.com/gmbhsg/SuzukiSavagePublic?authkey=Gv1sRgCIWagYOk...[/url]

Click on link above for a couple of photos.

• Condition of your pulley? Similar to the one I replaced 3K miles ago.
  • Condition of your shaft? Smiley Well, let's just say it's worse than mine (was).
  • Rx? -- New pulley and a liberal dose of an anaerobic retaining compound. I used Loctite 660. https://tds.us.henkel.com//NA/UT/HNAUTTDS.nsf/web/6D9EC2FC4F2B577088257187000...
  • You have nothing to lose (Except that you'll have to heat the Loctite and use a pulley extractor if you ever have to remove the pulley.) Sure beats splitting the engine case and replacing the output shaft.

Well, believe it or not, the salvage pulley I bought went on the shaft very snugly, and I'm riding again because I put everything back together last night.  I'm gonna keep a close eye on it, but I think it's good for a lotta miles and smiles. Wink Wink

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #48 - 06/14/11 at 12:15:00

Glad your're back on the road. Seven day forecast for the Tupelo area you used to live in is above 70 every night, and 95-98 every day with a 20% chance of rain. In other words, the old summer pattern of weather. Wait! I see a cloud. I'm going to go stand under it and hope the rain comes before the lightning.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #49 - 06/14/11 at 13:15:57

Boofer wrote on 06/14/11 at 12:15:00:
Glad your're back on the road. Seven day forecast for the Tupelo area you used to live in is above 70 every night, and 95-98 every day with a 20% chance of rain. In other words, the old summer pattern of weather. Wait! I see a cloud. I'm going to go stand under it and hope the rain comes before the lightning.  Grin

Hey, I forgot that you live in one of my old stomping grounds!!  That was B.S. - Before Savage.  I bet it's hot down there!!!!!!  Why don't you come on up to the Dragon week in the mountains?  Should be a little bit cooler.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:29:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › transmission problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.