Send Topic Print
Saddlebag bracket (Read 112 times)
molo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Saddlebag bracket
06/05/11 at 17:01:43

I notice both a single and dual attach point saddlebag bracket on Ebay.
Is there a preference for our bikes?

Mike

IP Logged
Lawsonwelding
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Saddlebag bracket
Reply #1 - 06/06/11 at 00:13:38

I have the single point saddle bag brackets off ebay , the problem i found is on the left side the brackets didnt come out far enough to clear the shock, and they just werent long enough so i changed them all around i lengthened them to come back farther and made the one on the left side come out farther, i also made a new bracket so it catches both holes on the fender mount. if you want i can take pictures. The only other problem i have run into is there isnt enough support on the back side of the brackets so they want to bow in towards the tire . but it is alot better than it was before.

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #2 - 06/06/11 at 18:16:24

Lawsonwelding wrote on 06/06/11 at 00:13:38:
I have the single point saddle bag brackets off ebay , the problem i found is on the left side the brackets didnt come out far enough to clear the shock, and they just werent long enough so i changed them all around i lengthened them to come back farther and made the one on the left side come out farther, i also made a new bracket so it catches both holes on the fender mount. if you want i can take pictures. The only other problem i have run into is there isnt enough support on the back side of the brackets so they want to bow in towards the tire . but it is alot better than it was before.

Crap. I just bought them. If it isn't any trouble, could you please post some pics? Thanks man!

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
Byrd0264
YaBB Newbies

Cruisin' ON my
Boulevard

Reply #3 - 06/06/11 at 18:48:16

Please do post! I actually went to our local motorcycle mechanic/parts supplier and he said universal brackets wouldn't fit my bike because there was only the one bolt on the fender rather than two.

He then looked for specialized brackets for my bike in his catalog, but they didn't have any for the S40 specifically.

Getting worried, I gotta get bags and get 'em mounted soon...

are there brackets you can get that don't have to be modded? I have a pretty simple set of household tools so I can't get too fancy.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 06/06/11 at 20:01:55

I ran my bike several thousand miles with Suzuki bags and no brackets, because it came that way. The bags were tied to the shocks with tough bungee string. Either I was running a really dangerous set up, or it wasn't needed for those bags.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:31:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlebag bracket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.