Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tornado Devastation (Read 75 times)
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tornado Devastation
06/04/11 at 16:34:39

Went for a ride with the old lady today along the tornado path that just hit western Mass wednesday. It is totally unbelievable to see the damage this thing caused in person. Pictures cannot even begin to capture the magnitude of what this tornado did. All total it was an 80 mi trip on a beautiful day.

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Re: Tornado Devastation
Reply #1 - 06/04/11 at 19:49:56

It is so sad to see the devastion that an F3 can produce up here in the northeast. We never see that around here. I am glad that youand your wife were able to share the beautiful day today. The tornado touched down lees than a mile as the crow flys from my house. I saw it developing behind my house.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/05/11 at 10:22:14

KristenAnn wrote on 06/04/11 at 19:49:56:
The tornado touched down lees than a mile as the crow flys from my house. I saw it developing behind my house.

That's gotta' be spooky as all get out... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bluedad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sumiton, AL
Reply #3 - 06/06/11 at 05:45:12

Riding around 'Bama the destruction still amazes me.  I keep finding places that had been hit. One of my favorite neighborhoods just got leveled.  
This was a mile from my house and just veered and went nw or my house could have been a casualty.

IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #4 - 06/07/11 at 00:28:37

Growing up in the midwest (southern Nebraska) I spent many summer evenings in the root cellar with my Mom and sisters  (My Dad was a lineman for the power company and was always called out during bad storms).  Nothing more terrifying than hearing the siren go off knowing what might be coming your way!

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #5 - 06/07/11 at 02:28:55

Its not so much the sirens but the sound of the wind.
The way it sounds and blows, then will suddenly still and when it restarts its usualy blowing a different direction.
Then the sound, the vibration in the air, your very bones and the rumble that just goes on and on.
Watching chit fly through the air that aint meant to fly through the air is....different.
Anything from frightening to awe inspireing.
And sometimes the hail. It just pours down in buckets....sometimes the size of a pea and other times the size of a softball.

Its scarey how fast and efficent they can be moveing structures and trees that would take us days/weeks with heavy equipment. And they do it in seconds. Then theres the long minutes when watching ones track in a storm. Knowing chances are youll never see 'IT' before it gets to you. Only warning is the wind, rain and hail.
Thats a waiting he11 repeated numerous times every spring n summer in the mid-west.
Wondering if your going to get it this time.
And the weird things a twister will do will keep you scratching your head sometimes. Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 14:04:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tornado Devastation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.