Send Topic Print
Diamond Plate Leather (Read 90 times)
Philip
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Diamond Plate Leather
06/01/11 at 11:41:38

Has anyone here have any dealings with Diamond Plate Leather? I bought some chaps and they seem to work fine to keep the wind off my legs, not impressed by the quality of the leather but the price was cheap. My wife and I are down in Gatlinburg TN and found a set of 7 bags by Diamond Plate leather at the Knife Works for $70. The saddle bags look pretty cheap, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with how well they fit the S40 and if they hold up or not. Thanks for any comments!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Diamond Plate Leather
Reply #1 - 06/01/11 at 14:24:53

7 bags for 70 bucks? I doubt if youll get better service that you already suspect youll get. Everyone has heard & parrots repeat that you
"get what ya pay for",

Well,, I say thats a crock,, I say
" You'll pay for what ya get"

& I cant see paying for cheap & getting quality.

That said,, that doesnt mean ya cant spend a load & still get crappy stuff..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Diamond Plate Leather
Reply #2 - 06/01/11 at 17:07:06

Is "Diamond Plate" a brand?  If so, I've never heard of or seen it.  I'm guessing its the patchwork stuff, like little pieces sewn together.  I've seen some pieces that were sewn together pretty crappy, but I did buy a pair of chaps that are like that because they were cheaper, they had my size (XS) and they serve my purpose.  I don't think I'd buy any thing like that online, without touching and feeling it to see if its sewn together well, but if it serves your purpose, then it might be ok.

And if you try them, and they don't seem to work for you, post here again and someone might have suggestions to help make it work!  We're pretty crafty!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:27:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Diamond Plate Leather

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.