Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Throttle hand falling asleep (Read 456 times)
Mega
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Throttle hand falling asleep
Reply #30 - 06/07/11 at 04:51:37

Definately Carpol Tunnel.  Surgery will fix it.

One thing that I used to do before surgery was to extend one finger from my grip and let it stretch out and ride on the brake lever.  That seemed to relieve the nerves.

Another thing I would do is hold the throttle with a grip more like holding a baseball bat.  More with the fingers and not the palm.  Like you would imagine an ape or chimp would hold the throttle.  That would move the nerves in the wrist to a different position.

IP Logged
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 06/07/11 at 07:12:22

I'm going to try the grip puppies. I've seen a doctor for CT and as far as I know, there aren't any issues. Although, I was seen in February, before I bought the bike so I guess there is a chance but it seems so slim.

IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #32 - 06/07/11 at 12:31:24

Nope- no carpal tunel here...been tested and this only happens when riding the bike.  I really think its a vibration issue and am gonna look seriously into the lead shot idea.

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #33 - 06/07/11 at 14:08:56

arteacher wrote on 06/06/11 at 15:27:24:
arteacher wrote on 06/01/11 at 03:35:27:
I have arthritis in my hands. Isogrips helped a lot.

I also filled the bars with lead shot. I figure about 12 lb worth to fill the drag bars. Lowered the resonant frequency of the vibration to where it doesn't bother me at all at 30mph or more.

On re-reading my post I forgot to mention that you can't put lead shot in the stock drag bars.(I don't know about the buckhorns) because they have steel weights welded into them and there would be no way to get it in except e few at a time through the "dimple" holes. Take a while.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:29:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle hand falling asleep

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.