Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
36" Fishtail - Lots of pics - updated 6/17/11 (Read 473 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: 36" Fishtail - Lots of pics - updated 6/1
Reply #15 - 06/18/11 at 17:07:50

Just tried it out and had to make some additional changes, as expected. Got it warmed up good, then started adjusting the mix screw, ended up at about 1 3/4 out. Took it for a run again to do the Roll Off test and it surged when I let it off a bit with the 147.5 pilot, so when I got back I swapped it for the 155 and buttuned things back together. Tried to readjust the mix screw, but didn't really change anything there. Ran it for the Roll Off test and it basically maintained when I let off so I guess I'm about right. Still backfires on even mild decelerations, so I may still have to adjust the spacer or the TEV spring, but I'll run it like this for a while to see how it does.

Conclusion:
36" Open Fishtail Pipe w/minor baffling and a Cone filter at my elevation of about 4600' required me to run a 155 main and a 60 pilot.

Maybe I can get out for a Father's day ride tomorrow, or if not, Monday 6/20/11 is National Ride to Work Day  Smiley

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: 36" Fishtail - Lots of pics - updated 6/17/11
Reply #16 - 06/20/11 at 14:46:05

Rode it to work this morning and then again to run some errands around lunchtime and I think I still need to make some adjustments.

Kind of cold this morning and it really was bogging down on me right at first. After it warmed up a bit it ran better, but backfires on virtually all decels.

When I ran my errands it had warmed up so I think I got a better read, but it was surging in the mid-range. I think I will try swapping the pilot to 55 and the main to 147.5 and run it that way tomorrow.

(Just have to remember each time I change this what performs differently, so I can guess what to try next  Huh )

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 19:32:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 36" Fishtail - Lots of pics - updated 6/17/11

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.