Send Topic Print
s40 seat decision? (Read 403 times)
dhoff024
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

s40 seat decision?
05/29/11 at 11:24:46

I have been looking around at the options for seats for my s40. I have looked into getting a corbin seat, a s40 gel seat, and a sportster seat conversion. I really dont know which way to go. I just started riding with my girlfriend and at this point I dont care about spending a little bit of money because I want the best seat for both of us. I know that the sportster seats are a little bigger for both the rider and passanger but I dont know how much more comfortable it will be and I dont know if I want to mess with modifying the seat. I could do it but I dont know if its worth the hassle. The s40 gel seat is not badly priced but the driver seat is the only one with the gel and the passanger seat is just reformed foam. I hear the corbin seats are well worth the money and they arent that badly priced at $250. I just want the best seat for both the passanger and the rider. I appreciate all the help you guys can give me. Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: s40 seat decision?
Reply #1 - 05/29/11 at 12:51:29

The Suzuki gel seat is real small for a passenger  6 1/2 inches.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/29/11 at 14:15:28

just went sportster seat. Amazing improvement if you dont mind sitting a bit higher. Betterr pill seat too, though, not by that much. The conversion isnt super hard though you may find another way to do it than those in the tech section. I did. If you can get a decent sportster seat for $50-100 Id say try it out. Most asking prices for them are in that range or higher, some way higher, so as long as you dont totally destroy ti you could get your money back if you dont like it.

IP Logged
dhoff024
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/29/11 at 14:29:14

Ya the gel seat is supposed to be based upon exactly what the stock seat is so I figured that it probably wasnt what I wanted but there arent that many options out there for this bike. I have been really tempted to go with the sportster seat because I have heard good things and the price is not bad at all. I just know that I went with my girlfriend for the first time the other day and she hated how it was with the stock seat so I am looking for something that is going to be better for both me and her. are there any other seats out there that can be converted? I know this bike isnt really meant to be riding 2 people everywhere but I like the bike alot and it is what I have now so I would really like to get something so we can both be comfortable when we ride. Any suggestions are definitely appreciated. I appreciate all the input so far.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 05/29/11 at 14:36:55

i went with a sheep skin pad from alsaka leather they will customize also as they did for my drivers backrest..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - 05/29/11 at 17:04:41

Too bad Corbin doesn't make a King & Queen seat for the S-40/Savage -- I mean, if you really want your passenger to be comfortable.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #6 - 05/29/11 at 17:54:21

Gotta say that I really like the corbin seat i bought this winter.  Especially on longer trips...the passenger seat seems to sit up a bit higher than the stock one which gives you a little bit of lower back support.  As far as passenger comfort goes- cant really tell ya that one I usually ride solo or with my 8 year old son on back and he's just happy to ride with papa  Smiley  Hope this helps ya out on you quest.

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 05/30/11 at 04:14:25

dv8savagerider wrote on 05/29/11 at 17:54:21:
Gotta say that I really like the corbin seat i bought this winter.  Especially on longer trips...the passenger seat seems to sit up a bit higher than the stock one which gives you a little bit of lower back support.  As far as passenger comfort goes- cant really tell ya that one I usually ride solo or with my 8 year old son on back and he's just happy to ride with papa  Smiley  Hope this helps ya out on you quest.

+1

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #8 - 05/30/11 at 04:39:20

dv8savagerider (or anyone that ordered from corbin), when you ordered your corbin seat, how long did it take to recieve in the mail?
Thanks,

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 05/30/11 at 06:45:57

Have you tried a Butt Buddy? Have heard decent reports of it for the passenger.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 05/30/11 at 08:24:09

Go to your local bike junkyard and buy a Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha passenger pad. Cut the stock seat plate if you have the one piece seat and recover. Get a seat rear bracket while there or make up some seat pan tabs. Drill your fender for the other pillion. Bolt it on. All 3 use a superior foam and vinyl versus Suzuki. Anything over 1000cc will have the right pad.

If you are really careful with a heat gun you can adapt a Vulcan 800 Classic or "A" model seat. You just need to shave down the front mounting tab before bolting it down and heating the pan.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #11 - 05/30/11 at 12:28:21

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 05/30/11 at 04:39:20:
dv8savagerider (or anyone that ordered from corbin), when you ordered your corbin seat, how long did it take to recieve in the mail?
Thanks,

AL

'Bout a week to Canada after they made it. Took them 3-4 days to make.
They take your measurements and what materials you want it made from (I chose black leather for the top and black vinyl for the sides).
After about 1000 miles it will have molded itself to your bum and feels like it is custom made for your rear end alone. Cheesy

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #12 - 05/30/11 at 15:03:05

arteacher wrote on 05/30/11 at 12:28:21:
ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 05/30/11 at 04:39:20:
Thanks,

AL

'Bout a week to Canada after they made it. Took them 3-4 days to make.
They take your measurements and what materials you want it made from (I chose black leather for the top and black vinyl for the sides).
After about 1000 miles it will have molded itself to your bum and feels like it is custom made for your rear end alone. Cheesy

Thanks, I ordered one. I guess I'll have a sportster seat for sale in a few weeks.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #13 - 05/30/11 at 16:53:36

same amount of time as the art teacher said....I think you will enjoy it especially after it molds to ya  Grin

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Zop
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/01/15 at 15:14:15

Not sure if I like my Corbin or not. The seat is way too hard, but the riding position is perfect.

Time will tell.... Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:21:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › s40 seat decision?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.