Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will this exhaust work? (Read 174 times)
mr. s
YaBB Newbies

Savage Newb

Calgary AB
Will this exhaust work?
05/25/11 at 11:42:41

I am tempted to get the Blue Collar Bobber exhaust kit, but I'd like to get something cheaper if possible. I'm looking for a straight pipe. Will this one work? It says that it fits "All bikes", but that does not make any sense. Any advice is welcome.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=27&manufacturer_ID=8...

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Will this exhaust work?
Reply #1 - 05/25/11 at 12:35:28

Comes with reducers, surely you can make it fit!  We've done lots of creative things to make em fit.  There is a thread in the Tech section about Harley mufflers with some good tips.  For the price, I think its worth a shot!  If you get it, please let us know how it works out.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mr. s
YaBB Newbies

Savage Newb

Calgary AB
Reply #2 - 05/25/11 at 12:50:51

Thanks for the reply.

So as far as the mechanics of it, this will do the job? Now it is just a matter of whether it fits or not?

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 05/25/11 at 12:51:54

Oh, that's a question for the carb kings, but I'd say a rejet would likely be necessary.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 05/25/11 at 13:59:28

Anything can be made to work by the right person.

If the question is... does it work, well you're gonna have either wait till someone admits they tried/use it or get one yourself.

Grin

WWW   IP Logged
johnnymac
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/25/11 at 16:58:55

Fellas I see this same exact muffler at JC Whitney, Sears, Amazon and maybe other places. I suspect you buy the muffler from whoever and then it gets shipped from the 1 location for all.
I'm just saying look around, JC is usually giving some kind or another deal in free shipping. Or if you add 10 or $15 more in parts you may get free shipping, thus getting the extra booty for free. (or at least the same price.

BY ALL MEANS, please let us know how it works. Cheesy

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #6 - 05/25/11 at 17:06:10

If you really want a straight pipe, get an chrome (or not) exhaust extension at your favorite auto parts store. Will take away some low end (RPM) response and require serious attention to re-jetting and be loud. EMGLO, the mufflers on the page you referred us too is a large after market motorcycle parts supplier and sells OK stuff. All can be made to fit.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #7 - 05/25/11 at 17:32:50

Here's a different Emgo muffler test fitted to a brand new LS650 pipe. By itself, the muffler is about 1/8" too large in diameter.  All Emgos come with three concentric adapter rings. In this case, I'm using only the larger, outer one. It's a very snug fit.

I didn't try pushing in on any farther because this is just a demonstration. It would be helpful to have a muffler shop expand the end of the muffler just a hair, if they could do it without cracking the chrome. An alternative would be to put the adapter on a lathe and turn it down, or sand it so it's slightly thinner.

But this particular pipe and muffler are going on my Ryca project. Ryca includes a short piece of angled pipe that's the diameter of the pipe at one end and the muffler at the other. (The angle is necessary because the swingarm tilts down more with the longer shocks.)

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 05/25/11 at 21:14:10

It will fit the header ok, but don't forget to see where the 19" length will end up.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #9 - 05/26/11 at 05:15:16

Dennis Kirk carries all the Emgo stuff, plus several other brands, plus the bits and pieces to hook it up. For example:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prodlist.jsp?store=Main&category=40302&...

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:16:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Will this exhaust work?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.