Send Topic Print
Muffler Mod (Read 261 times)
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Re: Muffler Mod
Reply #15 - 05/25/11 at 14:30:32

Well, there you go. Just pay for shipping like I said. This site is awesome.
Cool

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #16 - 05/25/11 at 15:56:27

Routy wrote on 05/25/11 at 06:03:48:
I'll keep saying it, rejet because you need to, not because you read that others have done it.
At 800 ft elevation, my stocker w/ drilled exhaust runs perfect w/ the stock 145 main jet. But I did have to do a 1/2 spacer mod to richen the low-mid end a little. I did it because it needed it.
I have a perfect idle, so I don't even think about removing the plug over the mix screw. Backfire ?? Learn to live w/ it,......you may lessen it a little by hacking it, but it will always be there. If mine ever quits backfiring, I'll get it fixed.

From all I've read, 1/2 the carb problems here are cause by hacking,......when most times there was no need to do so.

All IMO only !

We have the same elevation. I have an '06. All jets stock, but I reduced the spacer for the same reason you did. My muffler is stock with the baffle out. Actually that didn't make a real difference in performance without the baffle, except higher rpm seemed to breathe a bit better. There's still two plates deep inside the muffler that IMHO are actually taking care of the require back pressure, and the baffle behind it was just for noise reduction mainly. But I did need to turn the mixture screw out about 2 1/4 turns to make the low throttle and idle running decent. Then I de-snorkled the air box and took the lid off and got a new stock air filter. That made it run too lean at WOT with the stock 145 main, so I put in a 150 main. Before the exhaust turned really light gray to whitish, meaning it was too lean. The spark plug looked about the same. With the 150 main it's more like a nice tan color, both the plug and the exhaust. The pilot circuit runs fine on the 52.5 stock jet. I tried a 55 pilot jet, but then i got black smoke and it ran like the choke was pulled half way all the time. So I put in a 52.5 pilot jet with bleed holes, and that helped with having a little smoother throttle response between 0-1/4 throttle. With the stock 52.5 it was more like an on/off switch in slow corners. That made it a little scary when sand or small gravel was on the road.

IP Logged
mscepu101

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/25/11 at 17:45:08

I cannot believe all the useful info I get from this site!

This site keeps me inspired to take care of my 99 Savage and keep it running as long as I can!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:25:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Muffler Mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.