Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spacer Mod/Air Mixture Screw? (Read 73 times)
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Spacer Mod/Air Mixture Screw?
05/23/11 at 00:19:38

I installed my new Dyna muffler today. As such, I also tuned the carb. I dropped in a 152.5 main jet but didn't have the other jets I needed to complete the job. (Probably need 52.5 pilot with bleed holes, unsure of the needle jet)

Well in order to get the low end as close as possible, I looked to do the spacer mod and adjust the air mixture screw everyone mentions. Only problem is, I couldn't for the life of me find this 'spacer' everyone speaks of. I followed the guide in the tech forum but never found it... idk if I was looking in the wrong place or if perhaps the last owner took it out and I just think I'm not finding it. Couldn't even find mention of it in the manual. Would anyone have a picture of what I am looking for?

I also have no idea where the air mixture screw everyone mentions is located. Again, pics? I'm a very visual learner.

Sorry if I come off as a 'special' wrencher, my first time ever really breaking into something mechanically on this bike other than changing oil and brake pads. Thanks!

-Wake

IP Logged
OE

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Panama City, FL
Re: Spacer Mod/Air Mixture Screw?
Reply #1 - 05/23/11 at 06:46:38

FIrst, go to the main page of this forum.  From there select the "Technical Documents/Reference" section then select "Table of Contents with Links."  Scroll down to "Carbs and Jetting" and you'll find all the pictures you need.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 23:13:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spacer Mod/Air Mixture Screw?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.