Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Lousy Weather
Reply #30 - 05/27/11 at 06:37:28

So I should bring my blackpowder 12 gauge. Civil War survivor, was carried by President Davis' personal military courier.  Wink

I'll try and find the volunteer site online. I do have a backhoe/front end loader combo, can always borrow a trailer. Will head out later today to see about rewiring my fullsize truck.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #31 - 05/27/11 at 06:46:11

That's alot of interesting information. Thanks again man.

As far as OC, I believe the location there was a roofing/shingles plant (I handled corporate accounting and composites locations) so I'm guessing they sold it to CertainTeed Corp. I left there in 2004 after 11 years with them.  Haven't kept up much with them but still remembered the plant there.  So thanks again.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #32 - 05/27/11 at 14:03:55

WD, i seriously hope someone is smart enough to keep em out of joplin.
Their walking into a town thats scared,scarred, stressed, tired, comeing down off the adrenalin rush of terror and survival. A town thats losts 132 babies, children, teens wives n husbands. Full of volunteers that have literaly showed up from all over the country to help.
As stupid as that bunch is i cant beleive their that stupid.
There wont be no 'safe spot' across the street for them like at the funerals they have terrorised. Their walking into a lions den of really bad tempered lions.

BBH, its been kind of information overload here with so much to go through. Ive just been trying to pass along the more important stuff.
Lot of redundancy in the reports agency to agency and day to day.

A lot of survivors are getting fed up with the red tape and govt...lets say meddleing. Especialy when it comes to them being able to identifying their dead.
Their not letting the families that know they have lost someone or those looking for missing family members into the secret morgue.
When asked why not last night the Missouri Department of Public Safety deputy director Andrea Spillars gave the reporter some of the best govt double speak saying nothing.
Basicly she said they have to positively identify the dead by DNA, fingerprints dental records ect BEFORE they can let a family member identify them?????????
Being as most wont have a fingerprint on file, dental records are blown into the next couple of counties, and i dont think their going to be able to get a dna sample from a hairbrush at home, its going to be hard.
Id think letting a family member would be able to positively identify most of them.
The govt and its red tape is really starting to gum up the works and work on peoples nerves. Causeing even more problems.

Word is they have only had bout 5 people caught looting so far, its been minimal. But they got some woman last night thats come off the bottom of the barrel.
Had been walking around sifting through stuff acting like she was helping or belonged there carrying a duffel bag.
Someone noticed she had been in several places sifting through debris for 'her stuff' where she didnt belong. When checked they found jewlry stuffed in the duffel bag. Gold, silver, coins and not sure what else besides a laptop computer. All had debris stuck to them.
She had been robbing peoples homes acting as if they were hers or families from what i heard on the news.

Death toll went to 132 with the list of missing dropping to 156.
"# 90 persons reported located
# 6 persons confirmed deceased by the federal Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team (DMORT) and next of kin notified.
# 22 additional missing persons reports filed
# 2 persons confirmed as duplicates"

Mayor ordered flags in joplin flown at half mast.
"Gov Nixon  declared Sunday as an official State Day of Prayer and Remembrance.  U.S. and Missouri flags will fly at half-staff at all government buildings in Missouri on Sunday."

"JOPLIN, Mo. -- The National Weather Service provided additional insight into the decision to rate the tornado last Sunday at the top of the Enhanced Fujita Scale.  The tornado was given an initial rating of an EF-4 before it was upgraded the next day.

Bill Davis with the National Weather Service said investigators look at structural damage and how far heavy objects were thrown.  This tornado, for example, tossed concrete parking lot "bumpers" that sit low to the ground and can weigh up to 300 pounds.

The NWS investigators also noted that tractor-trailers parked near the Wal-Mart store were thrown farther than 1/8th mile.  Manhole covers were also lifted and tossed.

The tornado's path is an estimated six miles long. It's from three-quarters of a mile to a mile wide at some points. The winds are estimated to have briefly hit between 225 and 250mph."

The head of the springfield NOAA likened it to the eyewall of a major hurricane comeing ashore. A VERY powerfull EF5 like the monster in texas years ago.

Before and after pics of Joplin from street level. Use the slider and you have to have version 10 or higher of the Adobe Flash Player.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2011/05/26/136683899/before-and-after-st...

Rain here again today. Buy a weather radio people and make up a disaster kit and keep an eye on the sky. Sad

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #33 - 05/27/11 at 14:46:34

Wolfman, last night news showed a couple, she was
a hair stylist. Her shop ruined and yet her hubby was
already amongst the ruins, building her a new shop.
He expects it to be completed in 45 days.
What a way to show that thru all this turmoil, their
going to come back. OH yeah another stylist was
letting this gal work in her shop for the time being.

For her at least things are looking up. I do hope that
other people are able to get thru all the red tape
and, get back towards getting their lives back.

I remember growing up in Fla we would get Hurricane
warnings. Dark skies etc.. You learned by the way
the sky darkened and such that it would become nasty.

I definetly would have a weather radio and supplies if I
lived there. Yet even here we need to have supplies in
case of disasters. Just even more so there as it is the
path these awful storms take.

Stay safe and will keep everyone in my prayers.  kim

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #34 - 05/27/11 at 15:31:26

Ive seen a couple of bits of video on the news where folks were already rebuilding houses in the middle of the debris field.
Folks are pretty resiliant around these parts. Got to be liveing in the middle of tornado alley.

So far only 19 of the dead have been identified and their loved ones contacted. Its now thought many of the missing may already be in the morgue. Their really makeing it rough on those looking for loved one with the 'identification policy.'

A big thunderstorm rolled thorugh right over joplin again with lots of lightening, hail and heavy rain. With the tallest things being treestumps people had to scatter. The streets looked like rivers. People are still real jumpy there.
So much for our 4 or 5 days of good weather they forecast.

And of course those dealing with the flooding down south in the white river basin dont need anymore rain.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #35 - 05/29/11 at 00:08:25

Death Toll went to 142 today. Then they dropped it back down to 139 with no reason given. Missing for now stands at 100 with around 900 injured.

Supposedly part of the reason their doing dna testing is some of the bodies are'nt whole bodies. Apparantly torn apart.
Memorial service scheduled tomorrow with Obama comeing in to say a few words and tour the damage.
They were supposed to drive the whole 7 mile track on the news tonight but i missed it. Saw enough from the preview it dont matter, same devestation for 7 miles. Just wiped clean.

Havent heard anymore on the jonesborro bunch thats supposed to show up...yet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 20:21:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Lousy Weather

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.