Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tall rain pants - Do they exist? (Read 83 times)
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Tall rain pants - Do they exist?
05/19/11 at 19:23:34

I'm just over 6'1" high and 185+ pounds wide - kinda thin and lanky.  I looked everywhere that I could possibly look for a pair of light weight motorcycling rain pants that fit (light weight so that I could store them in the saddle bags).  I finally resorted to cutting the legs off of a second pair and wearing those legs as an extension under the first pair.  Then (because I melted them on the pipes) I cut off the legs from a pair of jeans to wear over all that as a heat guard.  It takes forever to gear up with it raining soooo much and my locker at work smells like mold!  Although I feel fortunate that I finally found a rain jacket with a long enough arm length (after returning a few that I ordered online - that gets expensive), I would love to put on one pair of pants instead of five!  I am currently searching for a local seamstress to sew my mess together (if that's possible), but thought that I'd cry out to see if anyone knew where I could get TALL RAIN PANTS!!!  I can't be the only thin and lanky biker out there - can I?   Undecided

Ride free!
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Tall rain pants - Do they exist?
Reply #1 - 05/19/11 at 19:27:47

Tall rain gear as well as any gear
in tall, exists for me..I am short.. Grin Grin
Sorry, I could not resist.
Have you checked Big and Tall stores or
websites?
My problem is the opposite. Recenty I bought
a new pair of chaps. Had to cut so much of the
length off, I could make a pair for a child, well almost..
Good luck.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #2 - 05/19/11 at 19:37:58

Thanks, Kim.  
"Tall & Thin" - yes, "Big & Tall" - no.  They fit like a tent.  Tried 'em all.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 05/19/11 at 20:25:16

Is there a Cycle Gear store in your area? Triumph, BMW or HD dealership? All 4 carry full grown people sized raingear. I'm 6'2" 230-260 (fluctuates seasonally) and have no problem finding the right size at any of them.

Now 13 or 14 EEE steel toed Nazi jackboots on the other hand... Easyriders/Chippewa Boot Company hasn't had them since the late 70s or early 80s. New old stock supply is about used up.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/19/11 at 20:28:56

Biker's Den carries up to 37" inseam. If you're needing longer than that keep looking. I have two good bike shops who are willing to order anything I need for me or my Savage. Just ask, and yes, you will have to pay first for special orders unless you're in a small town like I am.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #5 - 05/20/11 at 04:38:37

At 6'3" I've spent my life in a world where 99% of everything Wal-mart, Belk's, Cabela's, Dennis Kirk, and ebay has is too short.  One learns to sew after a while.

What I do every several years as the stuff wears out is to sew a 6" length of waterproof material around the bottom of the pants -- sort of a really long cuff.

If you always use the same (or complementary) color, you can just use material from the pair of pants you are retiring and not look like too much of a bozo.

You might consider sewing some "stirrups" on the bottom of the pants to keep them from riding up from the wind flapping everything around.

Curiously, the 2-piece rainsuits have usually had a jacket that was long enough, even without being tall size.

I have tried one piece suits, and have rarely found any that were long enough in the body.

I feel your pain.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #6 - 05/24/11 at 19:19:33

Thanks for the input.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:26:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tall rain pants - Do they exist?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.