Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exatly what oil filter fits the Savage? (Read 245 times)
johnnymac
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Exatly what oil filter fits the Savage?
05/17/11 at 17:29:05

Hello folks, I just got an 02 Savage which I really like. It sat awhile and I just charged it up and changed the oil. But, I couldn't figure out which filter to use.  Which oil filter fits the 650 Savage? I found good 10W40 motorcycle oil and filters for my other bikes at wmart but they don't list the savage. The Kawasaki 125 Eliminator has a small cartridge type filter inside of an engine cover by the brake pedal. About 2" by 2" I forget the number.  Cheesy

Thanks

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Exatly what oil filter fits the Savage?
Reply #1 - 05/17/11 at 17:38:39

The Savage has a filter behind the triangular cover on the right engine cover. The Suzuki number is 16510-37450. I usually give between $4-6 for them. Be sure you turn it the right way with the o-ring on the nipple and the spring on the cover. There is a larger o-ring on the cover that lasts a good while and costs about $2. These are not Wal Mart items that I know of. Look up Bike Bandit or Babbit's or Ron Ayres and put them on your faves for microfiche and msrp.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Russian Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tampa, FL
Reply #2 - 05/18/11 at 07:42:40

I go to the suzuki dealer and order theirs but the k&n 137 works too. You can get that at autozone or advance auto parts.

WWW   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #3 - 05/18/11 at 10:48:31

JC Whitney often has the oil filter for the Savage/S40 for (I think) $2.99.  I stocked up last winter.  At the Suzuki place they're over $5.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/18/11 at 20:06:12

serenity, Where you been? Hibernating through the winter? Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #5 - 05/25/11 at 10:32:52

Boofer wrote on 05/18/11 at 20:06:12:
serenity, Where you been? Hibernating through the winter? Boofer

Oops!  I musta dozed off again.  Yeah, sometimes I just don't have time to pay attention to the forum.  But it has been a long winter with poor riding weather here.  Back on the road again now, though!

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:28:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exatly what oil filter fits the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.