thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
insurance....
05/17/11 at 17:22:42

hangin with the neighbors in the alley drink some brews and wally our pidgeon...
neighbors go home for suppper the ol lady says i need to show you something..
the  driver side of her 09 corolla is wiped out, front fender, drivers door (works)mirror gone..
asked her you ok
yes
wheres the police report?
oh theyre clients of mine(the teen aged son did the damage while wifey was parked) they told me just to get an estiment......

shes not blond!!!

and she gave me the ok to travel 2k miles to the tail of the dragon(i cant go)
SOOO how upset can i get???
if they come tru all is good...

just had to vent
ALWAYS ALWAYS get a police report  Angry

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: insurance....
Reply #1 - 05/17/11 at 17:41:05

Well she has their info as you said their clients of hers.
Does your wife sell insurance?
That kid could get it for hit and run, as damages were
over certain amount.
I do believe here if damage is over a certain amount, police
must be called and report made.
And definetly with all that damage, their should have been
a report.
Hope they do come thru so you can make the Dragon..Smiley kim

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/17/11 at 20:20:26

no she doesnt sell insurance
she is a certified licesend  dog trainer and was at a clients house...
my point is ALWAYS get a pd report

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #3 - 05/17/11 at 21:43:14

Your $crewed dude.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 05/18/11 at 05:49:59

I was once gently rear ended by a 16 year old whose grandmother was in the car teaching him to drive. He broke a bumper shock on my '74 Volvo which I had just replaced at a cost of $114, and did minor damage to the rubber bumper cover, which I really didn't care about. The grandmother begged and pleaded with me not to get the police involved (this was back when they would still come to a minor accident) so the kid's insurance wouldn't go up. I told them how mush the shock would cost, that I would put it on myself, and that I would accept cash only. I also got her personal info. I bought the shock, sent her the invoice- and waited. Called her up and was told in no uncertain terms, and in language un-befitting a grandmother, that I was an extortionist and she had no intention of paying me. I mentioned the fact that I had a witness to the event, and she angrily  agreed to pay. Nothing happened. The second time I called her son answered the phone- he knew nothing about the accident, said he would clear it up, and he did.
I was lucky.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
topgunz1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #5 - 05/18/11 at 09:51:02

Even with a police report, it is all up to the insurance companies anyway.  A report just says who was involved, what their vehicles were, their statements, approximate damages, and what the officer could observe at the scene.  

Even if I say, in my opinion, that Vehicle 1 is at fault, their insurance company could disagree, and fight with vehicle 2's company until they reach a settlement.

If all parties are in agreement, especially if they are friends/acquaintances, it is not always 100% necessary to get a report unless your insurance company demands it.  I'd get their insurance company on the phone and get a claim # before you leave the scene though just to be sure a report isn't necessary.

Example: My wife rear ended a lady, very minor damage.  My wife called and got a claim number right there, the lady got her car fixed, and everybody went on their way.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/18/11 at 15:38:29

only waive the police report if you dont care whether or not it gets fixed. Always exchange insurance info. If you dont you might come to find out later that the other party had none and has no issue with fuhqing you over.

IP Logged
Silly Ogre

Former S40 Owner

Stuarts Draft VA
Reply #7 - 05/18/11 at 15:51:39

topgunz1 wrote on 05/18/11 at 09:51:02:
Even with a police report, it is all up to the insurance companies anyway.  A report just says who was involved, what their vehicles were, their statements, approximate damages, and what the officer could observe at the scene.  

Even if I say, in my opinion, that Vehicle 1 is at fault, their insurance company could disagree, and fight with vehicle 2's company until they reach a settlement.

If all parties are in agreement, especially if they are friends/acquaintances, it is not always 100% necessary to get a report unless your insurance company demands it.  I'd get their insurance company on the phone and get a claim # before you leave the scene though just to be sure a report isn't necessary.

Example: My wife rear ended a lady, very minor damage.  My wife called and got a claim number right there, the lady got her car fixed, and everybody went on their way.

You are Exactly right...Accidents on private property are non-reportable in VA unless the driver is DUI,Hit and Run, or Serious Injury... Who is liable for what damage is Civil...

2009 V-Star Classic 650...Silly Ogre is what one of my twin daughters call me...Guess I remind her of Shrek LOL...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 05/18/11 at 20:46:31

Years ago a guy backed into my car in a business parking lot. The officer told me they couldn't do anything, but he did write up an accident report for each of us so the insurance company had an official, non biased witness. The guy was really old, so I told him not to worry.  I called his company and explained. They paid and were glad we had the report. Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 11:09:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › insurance....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.