Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to get (Read 367 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to get
05/15/11 at 19:52:09

I just picked up my S40 friday and have been searching for saddlebags all weekend. But none of them fit. I'm trying to find ones so I don't have to relocate the turn signals on the fender. I measured the distance and it's
13.5" from the bottom of the passenger seat to the muffler (I already deducted a 1" clearance) and 8.5" to the back of the shock. 11" if you don't care about the passengers comfort.

Thanks ahead of time.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to
Reply #1 - 05/15/11 at 20:02:54

My '01 had Suzuki leather bags when I got it. I have them here, because I am selling them tomorrow. They measure 11x11x4" with "Suzuki" in relief on the side. I looked them up when I got my Savage in 2009 and they were around $90. Since I have a sissy bar and a bungee net I get along well without them.  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #2 - 05/16/11 at 04:04:59

Thanks Boofer. I plan on adding that later. Great advice. I appreciate it. I saw some pictures and asked some other members. Hopefully I'll get more replies today.

Thanks  Smiley

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 05/16/11 at 04:08:50

I had the Suzy bags as well. They don't hold very much. I wish they were 6" thick instead of 4". I bought a set of slant bags from Talisman Leather, a local manufacturer.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #4 - 05/16/11 at 04:13:50

I saw a couple posts about them. Do they have a website?

Thanks!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 05/16/11 at 12:56:04

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #6 - 05/16/11 at 13:05:41

I have these but you have to remove the turn signals.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #7 - 05/16/11 at 16:23:37

Thanks Al. I was actually considering those but I didn't want to relocate the taillights. The bike is new. I don't want to start taking it apart and void the warranty. I know I sound dumb but you never know.

After looking through the site I decided to order these.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=41&manufacturer_ID=4...

And also this in black

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=37&manufacturer_ID=2...

Oh and the oem engine guard.

So I pretty much bought a s-load of stuff today. I'll post pics of before and after when I'm done.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #8 - 05/16/11 at 16:31:34

I have those bags and they are awesome. It doesnt even feel like there is anything back there. There is plenty of room in them. I got mine from the old owner for $50 it was a steal. I also have an OEM engine guard but have no instuctions with them.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #9 - 05/16/11 at 16:32:08

i'm still debating which ones to get myself Sad  looks like I will have to check out the cruiser customizing website as well.  to AL-  I also looked at those bags on line but not sure how well I like the side open option.  How durable is the plastic ( how is it holding up) ?  Also how much stuff do they hold- leather jacket etc...   Thanks

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #10 - 05/16/11 at 16:38:58

Yeah dv8. It's not easy.I'll try these out just to get an idea how the functionality is. The thing that really sucked was that they don't make easy brackets for this size. I had to get the saddlemen universal kit. Which will work fine. I also wanted leather. These are nylon but they come with built in rain covers. Heres the video on them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vUWVDs41p7A

I alo got the quick connect kit for the windshield. I want to still have the bike accessible with all this stuff on it.

Good luck.

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #11 - 05/16/11 at 16:42:14

I have OEM saddle bag holders and they do the trick.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/16/11 at 16:48:11

I love those hard white "bags" but the ones you just bought are great. I like that you can remove them easily.

IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #13 - 05/16/11 at 17:08:34

Kristen- How much stuff can you fit in those bags?  Looking for something to put my jacket in along with other stuff- thanks Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #14 - 05/16/11 at 17:09:01

Here's are pics of my 2011 S40
http://gallery.me.com/thelynchfamily/100027/photo%204

Oh, and my 6 year old daughter.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:18:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to get

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.