Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to get (Read 367 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Re: Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to
Reply #15 - 05/16/11 at 18:08:05

DV8. The dimensions look like you could fit a jacket in it. The customer support person told me you could but I'll have to see when I get it. I have a Joe Rocket jacket with armor. I'll let you know if it fits.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #16 - 05/16/11 at 18:12:18

I can fit my leather jacket in one (tight fit but it is a xxx) i would also be able to fit about 4 large vitamin water, my cell and cigs with more room. They are tough also, i went down hard on april 8 and they only got dirty and a little scratch on the vinyal lettering.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #17 - 05/17/11 at 12:29:03

Webhead- Thats exactly the style of jacket I am looking to fit in my bags.  Looking forward to seeing how they work out for ya- keep me posted  Smiley

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #18 - 05/17/11 at 16:01:48

Sure. No problem. I had to get a 2x. I normally wear a xl. The armor makes it bigger. It was more comfortable.

Thanks Kristen for the post. Can't wait to get them.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #19 - 05/17/11 at 17:11:58

my 06 came with the oem suzi bags..didnt last 2 mos tear in the strap to close with..
staelership corporate gave me credit for them..
ordered river road slants..
no mods needed have the oem stand offs made them into rigid mounts(search 4 years or more back to see how)with ply wood..
no probs...they hold a 6 pak of 16 ozers each plus..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #20 - 05/17/11 at 19:21:12

Thanks Thumper. Sounds like a good alternative.

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #21 - 05/29/11 at 20:02:51

Ok after waiting two weeks for my tour master bags I am sending them back. My shield worked out great and the quick release works flawlessly. The tool to remove the shield fits in the bikes tool bag. I went for a ride and it works great. Reduced the wind greatly.
http://gallery.me.com/thelynchfamily/100027/Memphis%20shield

The saddlebags were a great disappointment. They have no way of locking them and they are way too small for my jacket. I tried to put them on my bike and didn't like the way they looked.

I am starting to think maybe what boofer said and just get the sissy bar
and just bungiie cord a backpack to it..

I am still open to suggestions as now I am desperate for a set.

Thanks everyone.

IP Logged
Classic650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NH
Reply #22 - 05/30/11 at 05:37:39

I have the small throw over Tourmaster bags for my '03 Savage & love them.  They can hold about 5 lbs. each.  Can't get much bigger for a bike of this size.  I bought them new on EBay for about $90 in 2006.  They have rain covers & quick release buckles.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #23 - 05/30/11 at 05:58:04

You aren't gonna find anything very big without relocating you turn signals. There just isn't enough room there. So you have to settle for the small bags, or move the turn signals and get any bags you want.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #24 - 05/30/11 at 06:10:15

dv8savagerider wrote on 05/16/11 at 16:32:08:
 to AL-  I also looked at those bags on line but not sure how well I like the side open option.  How durable is the plastic ( how is it holding up) ?  Also how much stuff do they hold- leather jacket etc...   Thanks

dv8savagerider, The plastic that they are made out of isn't the best quality. I thought the hinge on the door was kinda weak but they haven't broken. Same with the lock, kinda cheesy but it works. I can't fit my leather jacket in it but I put my raingear and a small tool kit and a quart bottle of gas in one side. The other side usually has my thermos of coffee for work, some bungee's and plenty of room left for a hoodie and a pair of gloves. They aren't huge but they hold what I need on a daily basis. When I need to carry my leather jacket, I use the bungee's to attach it to the seat/sissy bar. They carry alot more than the OEM bags. Hope this helps.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #25 - 05/30/11 at 17:39:12

Very helpfull Al,  Thats what I was thinking about not fitting the jacket in the bags, Glad I asked.
I just recently purchased a good sized sissy bar bag that can either be bungee strapped down or worn as back pack and it will fit my jacket and rain gear or chaps.  right now I have it on the seat behind me and strapped to the sissy bar but am looking for a luggage rack so I can mount it behind the seat.  Hope to find one soon- hint hint to anyone with one for sale or even trade  Wink

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #26 - 05/30/11 at 18:17:30

After much thought and reading everyone's comments I decided to keep the bags. Everyones input made sense. I'm not going to find a bigger bag without relocating the taillights and these bags are durable for what they are. I mounted them on this afternoon but I have to take them off again to install the proper quick release equipment I purchased. Still they are what they are and they are functional. The sissy bar will be my next purchase. Anyone know how or where I can find to install the brackets? Thanks everyone!

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #27 - 05/30/11 at 19:18:35

Webhead, check in the Marketplace section.
Also you can post there what your looking for
as well.. BTW I have the oem bags, their small
yet hold an extra sweater, juice, purse.
I may someday relocate the signals and get larger
bags. Smiley kim

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #28 - 05/30/11 at 19:34:05

Thanks kim.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:22:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Having trouble figuring out what saddlebags to get

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.