Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: shotgun scabbard?
Reply #15 - 05/13/11 at 12:30:14

runwyrlph wrote on 05/13/11 at 11:50:07:
speaking of zombies ....

you should read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (with ultraviolent zombie mayhem)".  It's laugh out loud funny, at least if you're familiar with the non-zombie version.  

"Sense and Sensibility (& Sea MOnsters)"  is not nearly so funny.

I've never carried a long gun on the bike - Seems like the sling over your shoulder, while effective, might attract a bit of attention!  I once almost lost my carry pistol from vibrating out of a IWB holster, so some sort of retention device is needed.  

I think I'd also think "ATV scabbard", tie it on a few different configurations, see how it feels.  You could come up with some kind of easy-release attachment for the scabbard to pop it off when you're not carrying the gun.  

Thanks for trying to bring the thread back to the topic.  I am thinking the ATV scabard as well.  I guess I just need to go outside and try it.  But wait, I still have work to do.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #16 - 05/13/11 at 15:18:45

Ya might be able to modify a replica of the leather WWII scabbard for the M1 Garand.  I know I have seen historical pics of them used on courier motorcycles.

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 05/13/11 at 18:01:15

V-twin Mfg sells all the army bike scabbard stuff. Not as fun as "afro-engineering" though...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 05/13/11 at 18:25:21

IMO the reason for a scabbard is to protect the gun while you are transporting it. Also, while I am the original gun guy, it is easier on the gun community if anti-gunners don't feel like someone is bearing down on them with a gun at the ready. We may not change the hard core gun grabbers, but those who don't care can be swayed by a little common sense on our behalf. Since the gun is to be uncased only at your destination I would get the best protection for it and adapt it to fit your bike. Then I would buy the best Mel Gibson mask I could find and dress exactly like he did in Mad Max.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 05/13/11 at 21:27:19

Arizona is a most peculiar place where interesting times abound.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
kernel ken
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Loveland Ohio
Reply #20 - 05/16/11 at 12:08:29

If I recall, the barrel of the 500 is easily removed. Just held in place with the thumb screw in front of the ammo tube. You now have a much shorter package. Put it in a nice carry bag and put it cross ways behind you on the saddle. It won't be any wider than your saddle bags. Strap it down and you're set to go.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #21 - 05/16/11 at 16:24:19

A whole different twist to riding loaded. Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:17:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › shotgun scabbard?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.