Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rubber Side NOT SO down! (Read 271 times)
papi_ocho

super stock thumper

Oceanside, CA
Rubber Side NOT SO down!
05/12/11 at 10:14:10

Was unloading my bikes yesterday.. And then this. It fell off the side of my tilting trailer while it was tilted.

damage needing repair: rear turn signal and right mirror.
other damage: scratched muffler, banged up bar end.

Can I use bar end mirrors on my stock bars?

06 S-40 ss carbbowl screws, ss valve cover bolts, turn signals lightup w/ brake light(removed for trouble shooting)
06 GS500F gstwins.com
06 Hayabusa.org
  IP Logged
sillydilly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Rubber Side NOT SO down!
Reply #1 - 05/12/11 at 10:18:39

I love how first thing you do is snap a picture of it while its down

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 05/12/11 at 10:20:16

I agree, my first instict would've been to get it back up then take pics. Sorry to hear about it, did it damage the tank at all?

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 05/12/11 at 10:28:49

Yeah, almost looks like the steering stop must have snapped off and whacked the fork into the side of the tank. Hurts me just looking at it.

IP Logged
papi_ocho

super stock thumper

Oceanside, CA
Reply #4 - 05/12/11 at 11:12:56

sillydilly wrote on 05/12/11 at 10:18:39:
I love how first thing you do is snap a picture of it while its down

Nope first thing i did was move the car/trailer forward to stand the bike up.. but then i thought "how many times are you going to see your bike layind down on the job?"

EJID wrote on 05/12/11 at 10:20:16:
I agree, my first instict would've been to get it back up then take pics. Sorry to hear about it, did it damage the tank at all?

NO damage to the tank at all. The bike was strapped down to a HF chock i had moddified a little. so the chock set up took alot of the force. i believe it saved damage to the forks and controls.

ralfyguy wrote on 05/12/11 at 10:28:49:
Yeah, almost looks like the steering stop must have snapped off and whacked the fork into the side of the tank. Hurts me just looking at it.

Steering Stop? i dont think so. i did a once over of the fork and neck area didn't see anything out of place but i also wasn't specificlly looking for that.

i did stand it up eventually, let it sit for afew minuets while i cleaned up straps and other random things i had out. some oil leaked out of the vent tubes as well as fuel from the Carb/tank i guess. but it started right up. rode it about a half mile. still kicking..

ohh and sorry for the double post. i usually only use my cell phone and when it freezes it sends things twice. any chance a MOD can delete that for me?

06 S-40 ss carbbowl screws, ss valve cover bolts, turn signals lightup w/ brake light(removed for trouble shooting)
06 GS500F gstwins.com
06 Hayabusa.org
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #5 - 05/12/11 at 11:15:13

Yeah that sucks...I keep wondering when something will to happen to mine so I can have an excuse to bob it... Wink

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #6 - 05/12/11 at 12:22:07

Check your airbox for oil below the air filter. I don't know how it does it, but I've seen it happen twice when they're down on that side!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 05/12/11 at 12:53:02

Oh that's so sad.    :'(  :'(  

I'm glad you both are ok though.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 05/12/11 at 13:18:49

I always wondered what it would look like from underneath. Thanks for the pics. Sorry about the fall, though.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #9 - 05/12/11 at 13:45:57

Sorry.  Mine fell on the trailer a couple of weeks ago.  Just be glad you weren't on it.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 05/13/11 at 07:03:02

Yup, Ed L damaged his bike loading it back up on the trailer on the very first Dragon Run ..... it happens.

Huh    Lips Sealed

.....  and that's the story and we are still sticking to it, right?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 05/13/11 at 13:49:33

Been there, done it, or so the story goes Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:27:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rubber Side NOT SO down!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.