Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage dying while at cruising speed (Read 246 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Savage dying while at cruising speed
Reply #15 - 05/19/11 at 20:00:40

sounds like a dirty carb D
an ounce of seafoam in the carb every once in a while helps

WWW   IP Logged
dekuji63
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/20/11 at 21:24:13

Thanks, verslagen!  I'm going to start doing that as soon as she gets back home.  It was so weird and sudden.  I hope that's the solution and, if nothing else, it's not going to hurt a thing.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #17 - 05/20/11 at 21:28:21

dekuji63 wrote on 05/19/11 at 19:46:56:
I've just had a similar (sort of) experience yesterday and my bike has been towed to the shop.  The situation was a bit different in that I wasn't at cruising speed.  I had a lot of backfiring (this has not happened before in the month I've owned this '09 S40) even as I was moving up the gears.  She was really chuggy, too, like I was lugging the engine, but then she'd pick up and go.

I got to 4th and she bogged down really bad but picked up again, then I went to 5th and she backfired louder and harder than I've ever had happen - I felt it all the way up my back.  And then she died.

On the plus side, my wheel bearings are great!  I rolled for a very long way before I had to paddle a bit to get around a corner and stop safely.  The bike would not start again at all.  Even after sitting for about 45 minutes waiting for the shop guy to give her a ride, she wouldn't start.  Cranked like a champ but that's as far as we got.

At least she didn't embarrass me and start up right away for him.  Smiley  Even with the differences, is this likely the same problem?

The FireLizard began doing that once and I cleaned the carb, but it continued, then I checked the petcock filter in the tank and that was clogged, cleaned that and it was fine. So check that as well.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:35:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage dying while at cruising speed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.