Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
first ride/handlebar location (Read 132 times)
avramd
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

first ride/handlebar location
05/08/11 at 18:38:08

Hello,

Well, I didn't get to far looking for an owner near me, so I got on my SuperHawk and rode 45 minutes to an S40 that was for sale in Mass.

I was surprised to find that it felt extremely tiny. I felt like the handlebars were too close to me. It seems to me that my hands were no more than about 8 inches forward of my chest. Does that sound like the normal riding position on an S40?

The owner is a small-ish female, and she said that when she bought it, the dealer gave her an option to do something to make it easier to reach the handlebars, and she said "yes." She thought that what they did was replace the trees that the bars mount to with ones that have an angle in them. I've looked at a few pics online though and they all look like they have the same angle on the trees as hers did.

Can anyone tell me about common options for moving the handlebars back (or forward)?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: first ride/handlebar location
Reply #1 - 05/08/11 at 19:03:24

Turn the risers around...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
04 Savage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/08/11 at 19:18:56

Buy 10'' apes and roll them forward a little bit...I like how my arms are about parallel to the ground and almost fully extended.

IP Logged
psi357
YaBB Newbies

Doesn't mater what
you ride, just ride!

Dartmouth, MA
Reply #3 - 05/08/11 at 19:29:23

DON'T STEAL MY BIKE!!!  Just kidding.  I have been trying to go out and see this bike for 3 weeks.  The seller's communication with me has been dreadful.  

But to answer your question, you'd be hard pressed to convince me that the dealer changed the trees.  I would bet they changed the risers.  That can be done in minutes without messing with the controls.  Hand position can be put anywhere you want it with combos of bars and risers.

My last communication with her she asked for my schedule and I gave her a weeks worth.........a week and a half ago with no response.  I sent her the obligatory "are you there?" message Saturday with still nothing.  Oh well.  Hope you have better luck than I have, but it seems you already have Smiley

IP Logged
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/09/11 at 04:31:16

Cheap answer is in the risers, as others have said. I assume since it's the S40 that they don't have stock buckhorns? I would try those risers and if that doesn't work get other risers and reverse them.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - 05/09/11 at 20:40:51

After riding a SuperHawk, just about anything you do with the handlebars is going to feel close. Not stretched out over the tank, reaching for clip-ons... Yup, kind of small.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:27:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › first ride/handlebar location

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.