Send Topic Print
windshield install (Read 71 times)
phillyfanatik
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

windshield install
05/08/11 at 09:09:27

First off thank god for this site. This is my first bike so the first time I found the website I read post after post intill my eyeballs were burning. Now the question is....I bought a 17" spitfire off ebay and the only place I could make the clamps work were on the upright part of the bars because of the brake fluid reservoir and because of this the windshield has to touch the headlight. I need it to be about 2" higher and I'm starting to scratch the hell out of my bars trying every different spot. Please post any trick or tips,thank you

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: windshield install
Reply #1 - 05/08/11 at 16:07:04

Mounting to drag bars is difficult with a handlebar type.
The drag bars are just too narrow to find room.
Best I could come up with is to clamp to the center section.
An alternative is to get 30" bars. plenty of room and now the mirrors are wide enough that you can see behind you.

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: windshield install
Reply #2 - 05/08/11 at 19:22:11

The windshield is supposed to touch the light to avoid flutter. Mine is close, but not touching. I mounted mine on the "vertical" part of the buckhorn bars. It is a Spitfire S-06. Be sure to cut the botom of the mounting stems off so they won't scratch the tank or impeded slow parking lot turns and dump you.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:29:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › windshield install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.