Noisy brakes (Read 92 times)
kevin r.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Noisy brakes
05/06/11 at 16:19:51

Okay so I finally put my bike on the road but my brakes squeak when I push my bike or when I lightly press the brakes. They dont make noise while I'm just riding but it's intermittent when I push the bike out of the shed. Could it be my rotors?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Noisy brakes
Reply #1 - 05/06/11 at 16:52:48

try washing the disk with soap and water.

brake dust makes it squeal.

then when you get new brake pads go for kevlar, not stock.

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 05/06/11 at 18:50:50

She's just crying with joy about getting to go riding. If it stops without that OE pad squeal, I'm happy. I use Vesrah organic pads. Some here use pads based on their preference for "grabbing", softer stops, or longevity. Write it down or hang up the package with miles written on it when installed. I don't agree with Versy on brake pads, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. We just prefer a different feel from our brakes. However, we do agree completely on our choice of bikes.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #3 - 05/09/11 at 15:12:01

I had 300 miles on my new at the time s40 and swapped to ebc pads. Couldn't stand the squeeling from the stock pads.

07 S40
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/09/11 at 21:39:16

Funny thing with mine was I decided to replace the front and rear while I was at it. The new front stopped squealing and the rear started squealing. When it starts I just brake hard with the rear just short of locking up and it quits for a couple of weeks.  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:20:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Noisy brakes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.