Send Topic Print
Holy Crap! (Read 124 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Holy Crap!
05/04/11 at 00:19:44

I bent my right front foot peg and called the dealer to see what the price on a complete foot peg only would cost me. I was expecting it to be under $40. About fell over when they told me the complete foot peg was a bit over $151 !!  The same day I bought a 19 inch flat screen TV at Bi-Mart for $199. I ended up going to the market place here and Sbaugz sold me his plus the brake petal for $25 and that included shipping. $151 for a foot petal?

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Re: Holy Crap!
Reply #1 - 05/04/11 at 08:15:25

That's why we call them stealership I guess. For parts it's either BikeBandit for OEM or eBay for used. Never heard of Bi-Mart though.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/04/11 at 09:36:37

I understand that the dealer needs to cover overhead and make some profit.  I guess something like that is not a high volume part as compared to normal wear and tear items,but dang!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/04/11 at 10:26:59

Youre absolutely certain they understand that All you want, is the footpeg, one single part that will fit in a pants pocket? Im thinking theyre looking that up wrong.. High prices are one thing, but thats higher than High, thats past ridiculous,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #4 - 05/04/11 at 12:16:27

I agree with JOG, that's a bit on the very high side and needs to be sure they understand you only want the one part.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 05/04/11 at 21:02:43

Stinger, On Babbit's the front footrest aasmbly is $146, the footrest is 57. The passenger footrest Bar is $34, the rubber is 9. Don't know what the dealer looked up, but I think JOG and Yonuh are close to the truth. Don't hold me to exact figures. I Googled them right quick and put them down from memory.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:56:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Holy Crap!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.