Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Proud of Mississippi and Alabama (Read 78 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Proud of Mississippi and Alabama
04/29/11 at 16:47:34

Smithville, Ms is gone. Town of 2,500 60 miles south of me. One of the big tornados took it. Not a single person I saw interviewed on the Tupelo TV station asked for a thing. The shelters are not full, because neighbors took in neighbors to live with them. Daughter came home from school with a list of needed items to be sent Friday afternoon. Here in my town people everywhere were shopping sadly with those yellow sheets of paper. Wal Mart, Fred's, and Dollar General were out of many items such as band aids, water, toothpaste, diapers, etc. In 1994 we had a terrible ice storm with no loss of life, but I was able to help back then. I could still run a chainsaw. The neighbor boys pitched in and cleared about 1 1/2 miles of trees on the county road where I live. Yes, I am proud to live here, but we are hurting inside. Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Proud of Mississippi and Alabama
Reply #1 - 04/29/11 at 18:00:28

That's what makes this country so great. I believe strongly in "Charity begins at home"!!!!! Smiley

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/29/11 at 19:00:28

its good to see that there are folks that still take responsibility for themselves.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 04/29/11 at 20:18:37

there was a satalite shot of the swath of destruction.. :'(

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 04/29/11 at 20:50:36

In the 1980s we had a 2-8-0 Baldwin steam locomotive we ran on weekends. Our boarding point was at Smithville. I plan to ride down there and let my daughter see the damage when the hwy is open for traffic. Maybe in a month or so. They don't need people rubber neckin' around there. I took a motorcycle tour of the ones that hit N Al in 1974 on a Kawa H2 750. Unbelievable to me, as I was a carpenter and know what it takes to move wood like that.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 05/01/11 at 06:51:40

Boofer, it still amazes me that
so much destruction can be
done is a short period of time.
While many have suffered severe
damage and some lost lives, I am
relieved to hear you and yours survived.
I am a southern gal and may live in the North,
yet have been thru parts of Alabama and Mississippi.
Beautiful areas and, so sad that what is shown now
is not so pretty.. Hugs to you and yours.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 05/01/11 at 16:42:18

Thanks Kim. I have cousins in Eugene, Or. They used to come every 4-5 years and show us pics of the NW. Their mom was one of my favorite aunts. She was a jolly lady with American Indian blood, and it showed. They went to work in the plywood factories there. Got hit hard in the 90s economy, but still love the area. Thanks again.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 20:49:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Proud of Mississippi and Alabama

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.