Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What to do with the airbox (Read 166 times)
prototype5678
YaBB Newbies

Semper Fi

What to do with the airbox
04/22/11 at 21:21:38

OK New guy with a question. I just got a cone filter and a stage 3 jet kit. Here is my question. Did anybody remove the airbox? If so were did you put everything? Thankx guys

IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Re: What to do with the airbox
Reply #1 - 04/23/11 at 10:57:56

Yeah, I cut out the box.  And the battery box and toolbox for that matter.  If you can fab stuff up yourself, or know someone who can, the options are limitless.  For example, I TIGged up a piece of aluminum tube and end caps to make an electrical housing that sits where a cylindrical oil tank would be on and older bike.  The wiring, ingnition module, and solenoid all fit in there ( a little cramped, I'll admit, but it still fit!).  I'm also going to make a low profile battery tray out of 1/8 steel, and mount the rectifier on that to keep it in the wind.

If you want to go with aftermarket parts, then things will get a little dicey.  There aren't any direct fit replacements that I know of, but you could use the original box to house all the electrical and just remove the battery box.  I'm pretty sure some of the folks on here have fit everything, including the battery, into that space.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
prototype5678
YaBB Newbies

Semper Fi

Reply #2 - 04/23/11 at 15:44:06

Well what i am wondering is when i put the cone filter on. the front hole going in the box is open. i may leave it on unless i get a fiter for the crank case breather tube.

IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #3 - 04/23/11 at 17:17:10

If by the "front hole" you mean the hole connected directly to the carb mouth by a rubber tube, which is located directly under the seat, then yes, that can stay open with no troubles.  The air in a stock setup actually flows out of that hole and into the carb, so if you pull the tube connecting the two and mount another filter in between them, then the airbox will basically be dead weight.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
prototype5678
YaBB Newbies

Semper Fi

Reply #4 - 04/27/11 at 15:45:23

I found a crankcase breather for a GM its small and made of plastic with what ever material they use in crankcase breathers. Do you think it will work fine?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:26:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What to do with the airbox

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.