Send Topic Print
Hi, everyone (Read 92 times)
Steve W.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hi, everyone
04/21/11 at 14:49:56

Haven't been here in quite awhile. 3 yrs. ago I bought a 1500 Drifter. Great bike -- effortless cruising (no looking for that proverbial 6th gear), very low maintenance, love the look & feel, etc. But, it hasn't abated my desire for the little thumper. In fact, sometimes I wonder if I made the right purchase. Would I let the Drifter go for a Savage? Not sure; but, for those looking forward to moving up, more power isn't everything.

When I can afford it, I still plan to buy a Savage/S40. In some ways, it's probly more fun to ride than the big Drifter. But, I also see it as the perfect customizing platform (for the kind of custom I want, anyway) -- relatively small, lightweight, narrow, & old-school. In fact, it's kind of an obsession, and has been for a long time.  

BTW, when I 1st got the Drifter, I was riding to Alice's Restaurant (biker hangout on Skyline, above Santa Cruz, CA), just cruising at a moderate speed, when a bike passed me like I was standing still. It was a Savage! Smiley

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Hi, everyone
Reply #1 - 04/21/11 at 15:07:07

Hi - and welcome....we could use FSO for future savage Owner, but the formers have already claimed it.  Perhaps PSO for Possible Savage Owner, but that suggests you just don't know what you are riding..and you do.  Of course we could go to a four letter system, like FUSO and FOSO but four letter things get naughty.
Oh well, welcome and when you find the funds, you really can't own too many cycles. Cheesy

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #2 - 04/21/11 at 18:11:02

Hey, Steve.  Nice post.  I haven't been riding for over 15 years and finally got a machine again because of the gas prices.  You're right on about the Savage/S40. It's a fun ride and, as I'm finding out, an immortal classic with almost unlimited modifying potential.  Another thing that makes them unique are the people that own them.  This machine seems to have a group of followers - almost like a family.  I'm glad to be a part of it all.  Be safe out there.
---Scroop

Ride free!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 04/22/11 at 06:26:35

We have a nice little family here.  We tell each other stories, motorcycle related or not, share our successes and failures too.  We have groups that get together occasionally and many have formed lasting bonds here.  And we all think the world of our Savage/S40.  Its what brought us together!  

Oh, sometimes I have to play Mother and break up little tiffs, send someone to a corner.  LOL  And some will take their ball and go home!  But overall, this is a great forum.  Not to even mention the wealth of knowledge, information, and expertise about the bike!  Yea, some definite experts here.

Welcome, and visit often!   Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:32:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hi, everyone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.