Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
trouble starting bike.. (Read 265 times)
mako_308
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: trouble starting bike..
Reply #15 - 04/25/11 at 10:12:25

on the head plug fix is there anyways you can link it to me i cant seem to find it i also did a search for "Head Plug Fix" and the only thing it found was the post that you mentioned it in.

i even looked through that section and didnt see it.

thanks

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #16 - 04/25/11 at 10:15:31

mako_308 wrote on 04/25/11 at 10:12:25:
on the head plug fix is there anyways you can link it to me i cant seem to find it i also did a search for "Head Plug Fix" and the only thing it found was the post that you mentioned it in.

i even looked through that section and didnt see it.

thanks

All you had to do was go to the Tech/ref section, and look in the table of contents thread. But here ya go.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099227295

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #17 - 04/25/11 at 10:19:15

Here ya go...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1099227295

It shouldn't have anything to do with your stalling out problem. I'd make sure that your petcock isn't the source of that (cuz it's an easy fix) before I dive into the head plug.
You had mentioned the head gasket getting replaced in your original post. the head plug would have been easy if you had known there was a leak...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
mako_308
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/26/11 at 08:59:26

after replacing the head gasket i cam across that darn plug and was thinking to myself what if this was my main cause of the oil leak and it just looked like the head gasket was leaking.

after see that plug laying on the counter top next to it i was trying to figure out were it went, after reading the manual i downloaded it showed me were to go and it said to apply some gasket sealant. which there was none there to begin with, i thought there would of been an o-ring on it or something but there isn't. so i just cleaned it up real good and some silicone sealant.

so at least i have a new head gasket anyways, and i got the experience of replacing it. but i believe my seal on the plug has broke loose in a spot and that's why its leaking.

as for the petcock, after i start the bike i go to give it gas and it dies on me. and when i switch it to prime it doesn't seem to do it. so i was thinking about doing the conversion to it which i found on this site looking for that plug fix.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1113631600

i also pulled off the little vacuum line from the petcock to the carb and gave it a little suck (i seen in another topic) but no gas came out. but i could taste it still.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #19 - 04/26/11 at 09:13:48

Bummer...plug should be installed with sealant..
Replace the petcock with this one:

http://www.ronayers.com/Search/N/687/Criteria/5LP-24500-01-00&adv=5&kw...

then make sure you cap off the end of the vac port on the carb. I used a small screw and then covered it with a rubber tip...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 04/26/11 at 09:31:43

When taking things apart, Ive found that placing things in an order that keeps me from leaving stuff out saves me much misery. It took a few years of shafting myself to learn it. Now, I tape things or tie them or box them up in sub assemblies, Like, I woulda taken the plug & put it with the head cover, Im not ashamed to use notes, because I cant trust my memory. I also cant trust Il be able to get back on the project before Ill forget where things go, So, HOW I disassemble a project & how I store the parts is a important to me as my general mechanical ability.

* Note: Even with these "anal" ways of handling parts & taking pains in disassembly ( Like, I try to remember to sweep the floor before I mess with anything, so when I drop something, the floor isnt already covered with little things. I also lay rags down when Im messin around with parts that have tiny bits in them, like an ignition switch,, uh huhh,, little stuff in there), we are all still just fallible people & even the best efforts to not screw up can be thwarted by , well,, by us.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #21 - 04/26/11 at 10:29:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/26/11 at 09:31:43:
When taking things apart, Ive found that placing things in an order that keeps me from leaving stuff out saves me much misery. It took a few years of shafting myself to learn it. Now, I tape things or tie them or box them up in sub assemblies, Like, I woulda taken the plug & put it with the head cover, Im not ashamed to use notes, because I cant trust my memory. I also cant trust Il be able to get back on the project before Ill forget where things go, So, HOW I disassemble a project & how I store the parts is a important to me as my general mechanical ability.

* Note: Even with these "anal" ways of handling parts & taking pains in disassembly ( Like, I try to remember to sweep the floor before I mess with anything, so when I drop something, the floor isnt already covered with little things. I also lay rags down when Im messin around with parts that have tiny bits in them, like an ignition switch,, uh huhh,, little stuff in there), we are all still just fallible people & even the best efforts to not screw up can be thwarted by , well,, by us.

Another good thing to do if you have a digital camera is to take pictures of the thing you will be taking apart before you tear into it, that way you know what it is supposed to look like when it is assembled and gives you a good reference to work from especially for those times like JOG is saying when you can't get right back to it and enough time has passed that you can't exactly remember where this or that piece is supposed to go.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:35:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › trouble starting bike..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.