Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Motorcycle Lift ?
Reply #15 - 04/23/11 at 20:48:19

bill67 wrote on 04/22/11 at 08:15:22:
When I made the 2x10 I started using it all the time.

All the time ? Why are you working on your bike "all the time?" Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 04/24/11 at 04:35:06

Take the manufacturer's max weight spec with a grain of salt. We have purchased (at great expense) several pieces of equipment for handicapped people, as my wife has MS. All have been rated to 350 pounds safe load (my wife weighs 300 - I had to look that she wasn't watching me type this) and all save the $13000 electric wheelchair, have failed.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 04/24/11 at 06:18:01

Routy wrote on 04/23/11 at 20:48:19:
bill67 wrote on 04/22/11 at 08:15:22:
When I made the 2x10 I started using it all the time.

All the time ? Why are you working on your bike "all the time?" Grin

I lift the back wheel and ride it. Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 04/24/11 at 09:39:00

They can't find the AC cord.
There is a plug, same as a microphone on a CB radio, that the AC cord must have plugged into. But it has 5 pins in it, and I only need 3, and this AC stuff is too hot to be using T&E !
The motor runs on 27 volts AC, so I'm forced to go thru the black box.

Ya know what ?? I think I'll haul this mechanism right to the scrap yard before it trys to hurt me ! I keep thinking about the screw driver that I melted the last time I T&E this AC stuff !  Shocked

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #19 - 04/24/11 at 15:23:46

I once welded a screw driver to the ground of a power socket on one of my wife's scooters- 24v at80 amps- BIG sparks  Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 04/24/11 at 16:58:49

In the USAF I had an instructor who told us he had seen a guy bypass the interlock on a High Voltage drawer on a piece of equipment & then turn his back to it & BEND OVER TO GET A TOOL, WHILE HE HAd A BIg SCREWDRIVEr IN HIS BACK POCKET. hE TOLD US IT SHOT AN ARC OUT ( oops,, Caplox, sorry) & hit that screwdriver, melting the handle in his pocket.. IDK if that was true, bt it sure made us all respect the hekk outta that high voltage.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 04/24/11 at 21:19:57

Right on, I can hurt myself bad enough w/ 12 volts (thats why I don't wear a ring anymore) I don't really need 120 v to get hurt !
But I really did want to see this thing work, especially since it took me over an hour to get it out of that dam chair !

Rich
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #22 - 04/26/11 at 09:53:03

look on Ebay, I bet you can find a new power cord easy enuf.  I certainly don't wanna see you get hurt messing with it, but you gotta try something!  You can't just scrap it!   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 04/26/11 at 10:17:17

Id cut the cord & play with the wires, individually. You need a Volt Ohm Meter, Harbor Freight, $3.00.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:23:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Motorcycle Lift ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.