Send Topic Print
S40 seat options (Read 386 times)
dhoff024
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

S40 seat options
04/20/11 at 15:18:50

I have a 2007 suzuki s40 that my dad bought for $1000 off of a lady who did not winterize it properly and we took apart the carb, drained the fuel and it ran fine. She also took the baffle out of the exhaust which made it run like crap so we put on a super trap and it runs really well now. I really like this bike alot and this is my first bike I am new to motorcycles. I have been looking around for a more comfortable seat whether it be an aftermarket gel seat or a sportster seat it really doesn't matter much to me I am just looking for  a nice seat for a decent price. I know the sporster seats will fit it but only certain ones. Does anyone know what sportster seats fit and what mods need to be done to get them to fit? Also just what do you guys think is the best way to go.

Thanks

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: S40 seat options
Reply #1 - 04/20/11 at 15:52:51

Look at Corbin seats. It is a bit pricey but well worth the money. Before I would have to stop and stretch my back every hour- now I can go 2-3 hours between stretches. BTW I am 61 and arthritic so YMMV./ Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/20/11 at 17:35:15

In a new thread today named Yellow Bob, Diller mentioned he had a seat reworked and got satisfactory results.  The place wants about $50 plus shipping back and forth plus extras if you want them.  Here is the quote:

"I was determined to use the rider's saddle since I had Spencers modify the foam for a much more comfortable perch for my keester.
http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php
They do not change the form of the seat but place a more comfortable foam beneath the top layer. Cost was quite reasonable and the results were more than worth it."

Or you can save money and go to this site and click on the various tabs and learn how to alter your seat using different foam etc.  But you'll need a heavy duty stapler to put the cover back on.
http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/modify.htm

Others have used a Harley seat/conversion kit sold for the Savage/S40 that is listed on Ebay.  I think it is about a $100.  And the Corbin mentioned above is probably the best but more expensive route.  Or you could go on Ebay and find a Harley seat and figure out your own brackets etc.  There a many different Harley seats and people on this forum have used them.  Hopefully one will read this and be able to give you a year and model that works without too much trouble.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
NameNotInUse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/23/11 at 18:32:00

Engineer, thanks for the link to the guy who will improve the seat!

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #4 - 04/23/11 at 19:38:50

Not sure why the manufacturers make such crappy seats. Even my Yamaha Silverado had crappy seats. DUUUUUUH!!!!!

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #5 - 04/23/11 at 22:31:14

IP Logged
dhoff024
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/23/11 at 22:57:56

Thanks for all the responses i know i definitely want a new seat the stock one is ok but when i start riding longer and add a passanger i know i will need a new one and there are several options i was looking at and one is the link engineer sent and i have looked at mustang seats but they are a little more than i would like to spend. Thats why i was wondering about the sportster seats everyone says they are bigger and more comfortable. I also found on ebay a genuine suzuki gel seat for a decent price but it was a pillow style seat with the buttons and im not fond of that style if they made that seat in just a regular style i would have probably bought it already i just want the best seat i can get for the least amount whether its an aftermarket seat a sportster seat or getting my stock one redone.

IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #7 - 04/24/11 at 02:06:49

Has anyone here tried cutting a car beaded seat-cover to fit a bike?

Or bought a bike version from here - http://www.motorcyclelighting.com/beaded-seats.html

Apparently you can even feel the cold air circulating between your butt and the seat. Nice  Grin

There has to be a good reason why cab drivers all over the world use them.

IP Logged
psi357
YaBB Newbies

Doesn't mater what
you ride, just ride!

Dartmouth, MA
Reply #8 - 04/24/11 at 05:51:34

PhilM wrote on 04/24/11 at 02:06:49:
Has anyone here tried cutting a car beaded seat-cover to fit a bike?

I have , but not on purpose.  Broke one of the connecting wire/strings in my car beaded cover and ended up with beads everywhere.  That took a while to clean up, lol.  Don't think the car ones can be cut to fit.  Maybe reweaved if you have the patience.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 23:14:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 seat options

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.